Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,184
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petermk View Post
    No, I have Ultegra 6700. Campy Zonda comes with Campy or Shimano freehubs. I ordered the Shimano version, of course.
    http://www.wiggle.com/campagnolo-zon...cher-wheelset/
    Good. I'm glad I'm wrong! At one time Campy didn't want Shimano freehubs to be associated with their own brand wheels and that's why they introduced the Fulcrum line. Well, at least that is the urban legend.

  2. #27
    I'm doing it wrong. RJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My Bikes
    Rivendell Roadeo, Rivendell Sam Hillborne.
    Posts
    3,357
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm going to throw a weird one out, but recently looked at these and thought they were pretty nice. What about Rolf Prima Echelons? They are cool looking, IMHO. A bunch of the riders in my area ride them and they all seem to like them. I bought a set of Vigor RSs and find them to be well made and ride really nice. Wider rim and more $ than the Echelons though.
    "...this place is to trolling as salt licks are to deer hunting." - 3alarmer

  3. #28
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,660
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    I'm going to throw a weird one out, but recently looked at these and thought they were pretty nice. What about Rolf Prima Echelons? They are cool looking, IMHO. A bunch of the riders in my area ride them and they all seem to like them. I bought a set of Vigor RSs and find them to be well made and ride really nice. Wider rim and more $ than the Echelons though.
    On a Rivendell? Perish the thought. Paired spokes? Not on any bike.
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  4. #29
    token triathlete Bah Humbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the trainer
    My Bikes
    Cervelo New P3 Cervelo S1
    Posts
    5,962
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    Good. I'm glad I'm wrong! At one time Campy didn't want Shimano freehubs to be associated with their own brand wheels and that's why they introduced the Fulcrum line. Well, at least that is the urban legend.
    I thought it was the other way around; Fulcrum was introduced to have Campy parts on a Shimano bike without it seeming out of place. Like when Mazda buys a transmission from Toyota, it's branded "Aisin".
    #giantsfansforgarrett

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    Good. I'm glad I'm wrong! At one time Campy didn't want Shimano freehubs to be associated with their own brand wheels and that's why they introduced the Fulcrum line. Well, at least that is the urban legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    I thought it was the other way around; Fulcrum was introduced to have Campy parts on a Shimano bike without it seeming out of place. Like when Mazda buys a transmission from Toyota, it's branded "Aisin".

  6. #31
    token triathlete Bah Humbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the trainer
    My Bikes
    Cervelo New P3 Cervelo S1
    Posts
    5,962
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did say something different there - vendor's desire vs customer's desire. But, whatever.
    #giantsfansforgarrett

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    I did say something different there - vendor's desire vs customer's desire. But, whatever.
    "No, I did this."

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,184
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    I thought it was the other way around; Fulcrum was introduced to have Campy parts on a Shimano bike without it seeming out of place. Like when Mazda buys a transmission from Toyota, it's branded "Aisin".
    I think we're saying the same thing. It is just a little turned around. Campy didn't want to put a Shimano freehub on a Campy wheel product the same as Mazda doesn't want people to see a Toyota part on a Mazda product, but they did want to sell Campy wheels to Shimano owners. So they call the wheels that carry the Shimano freehub, Fulcrum and avoid the loss of face (big thing in Japan).

  9. #34
    I'm doing it wrong. RJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My Bikes
    Rivendell Roadeo, Rivendell Sam Hillborne.
    Posts
    3,357
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    On a Rivendell? Perish the thought. Paired spokes? Not on any bike.
    Hell yeah, bike rocks with them. I wouldn't stick them on my other riv though.
    "...this place is to trolling as salt licks are to deer hunting." - 3alarmer

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    Hell yeah, bike rocks with them. I wouldn't stick them on my other riv though.
    Rivendells do not rock; they jamboree.

  11. #36
    token triathlete Bah Humbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the trainer
    My Bikes
    Cervelo New P3 Cervelo S1
    Posts
    5,962
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpenmanparker View Post
    I think we're saying the same thing. It is just a little turned around. Campy didn't want to put a Shimano freehub on a Campy wheel product the same as Mazda doesn't want people to see a Toyota part on a Mazda product, but they did want to sell Campy wheels to Shimano owners. So they call the wheels that carry the Shimano freehub, Fulcrum and avoid the loss of face (big thing in Japan).
    Except Campy is the supplier in this situation, like Toyota. Turned around, like you said. Whichever it is, I'm seriously bored. I wish this would all stop though; sick of figuring out who Roval and Oval and Vision and so on really are.
    #giantsfansforgarrett

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    Except Campy is the supplier in this situation, like Toyota. Turned around, like you said. Whichever it is, I'm seriously bored. I wish this would all stop though; sick of figuring out who Roval and Oval and Vision and so on really are.
    It's all made in China, at the same plant even.

  13. #38
    I'm doing it wrong. RJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My Bikes
    Rivendell Roadeo, Rivendell Sam Hillborne.
    Posts
    3,357
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    Rivendells do not rock; they jamboree.
    That is sig worthy.
    "...this place is to trolling as salt licks are to deer hunting." - 3alarmer

  14. #39
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,323
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    "No, I did this."

  15. #40
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,660
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    Rivendells do not rock; they jamboree.
    They're Boy Scouts?
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    They're Boy Scouts?
    1. a carousal; any noisy merrymaking.
    2. a festive gathering, often including speeches and entertainment.
    3. a party or spree.

    Although I think the dude in the ditch is a young Grant Peterson:

    Last edited by canam73; 01-22-14 at 04:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •