Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/)
-   -   Addiction XXXIII (http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling/936182-addiction-xxxiii.html)

coasting 03-06-14 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 16553711)
Then it works here.


high five on flamboyant multi-colour bikes! And to musical theatre.

LesterOfPuppets 03-06-14 10:02 AM

I haven't Strava'd a hike since December.

Haven't worn a watch since 2001.

Such a slacker.

jsharr 03-06-14 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 16553723)
Back in the day this issue came up related to this thread, and the RTT in the racing forum. The request was made by several folks, myself included, for us to have a place where members of a given forum could post random things with the people they primarily interacted with. The request was, somewhat begrudgingly, allowed. That said, our ability to maintain threads like addiction or the RTT is an exception to the rule. If one wants to post about hiking here, have at it. But the alternate is that we lose threads like this, which provide an outlet that was requested and could certainly hold all the posts that are lost in a watch or car thread.

Then why were those threads moved to Foo instead of merged with this one? Enforce the policy equally or forget it.

LesterOfPuppets 03-06-14 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553734)
Then why were those threads moved to Foo instead of merged with this one? Enforce the policy equally or forget it.

Only bike, bird and bridge pics will be allowed in this thread. So if those threads were merged into here, all car and watch pics would need to be stripped from the posts :)

gsteinb 03-06-14 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553734)
Then why were those threads moved to Foo instead of merged with this one? Enforce the policy equally or forget it.

ok, thanks for the input. So I'll be moving this thread to Foo. You can follow it there.

2manybikes 03-06-14 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553731)
high five on flamboyant multi-colour bikes! And to musical theatre.

Also a high four for flamboyant mutil-color Corgis.

coasting 03-06-14 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553734)
Then why were those threads moved to Foo instead of merged with this one? Enforce the policy equally or forget it.


the natives are getting restless.

rjones28 03-06-14 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 16553743)
Only bike, bird and bridge pics will be allowed in this thread. So if those threads were merged into here, all car and watch pics would need to be stripped from the posts :)

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...0EF106289C.jpg

coasting 03-06-14 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 16553755)
ok, thanks for the input. So I'll be moving this thread to Foo. You can follow it there.


wut.

coasting 03-06-14 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 16553758)
Also a high four for flamboyant mutil-color Corgis.


who can argue with that?

coasting 03-06-14 10:12 AM

ohhhhh...jonesy, you have the regal. have you ridden the san marco rolls. thats an oldie design too right?

gsteinb 03-06-14 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553764)
wut.

jshar wants equal enforcement. I aim to please.

2manybikes 03-06-14 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553766)
who can argue with that?

Thank you.

Bailey ^..^

rjones28 03-06-14 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553771)
ohhhhh...jonesy, you have the regal. have you ridden the san marco rolls. thats an oldie design too right?

I haven't ridden the Rolls.

jsharr 03-06-14 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553761)
the natives are getting restless.

Possibly. I was a mod here for years. Been a member for years. Was and am concerned about capricious moderation. Some threads get moved with the reason that they do not pertain to that specific forum, usually dumped in Foo, while others stay.

The reason I stepped down was due to the fact that I felt that some members, myself included in that some, got away with more than others.

All I am saying is either enforce the rule totally or ignore it totally.

jsharr 03-06-14 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 16553778)
jshar wants equal enforcement. I aim to please.

It is not just me. Go look in all of the threads that got moved to Foo, Car, Watch, Hiking and you will see members questioning the move. Why did threads that were 50 pages long and 5 years old suddenly need to be moved here?

coasting 03-06-14 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553786)
Possibly. I was a mod here for years. Been a member for years. Was and am concerned about capricious moderation. Some threads get moved with the reason that they do not pertain to that specific forum, usually dumped in Foo, while others stay.

The reason I stepped down was due to the fact that I felt that some members, myself included in that some, got away with more than others.

All I am saying is either enforce the rule totally or ignore it totally.


try posting a pic of a kitten. let's put it to the test.

jsharr 03-06-14 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553798)
try posting a pic of a kitten. let's put it to the test.

I am not trying to be a trouble maker, so I am not going to do that.

gsteinb 03-06-14 10:23 AM

mainly because they were old and rarely got bumped. as you know there aren't many moderators and often old thread resurface and sink before they're noticed. A newer thread got moved, folks complained and similar threads got moved. Now, in the interest of equal enforcement we'll move this, a long with other threads that seem better suited elsewhere. Shrug, I actually had other things to do, but admins are on board so it goes…

WhyFi 03-06-14 10:24 AM

Uhm, there's frequent bike content in this thread. I'd daresay that even with OT conversation, it has a great signal-to-noise than the greater 41 - whereas folks out there contribute to noise via talking out of their asses, our noise is the occasional bridge/bird pic, talk on the virtues of beet juice, complaints about the weather and discussions of personal triumphs and struggles.

LesterOfPuppets 03-06-14 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553791)
It is not just me. Go look in all of the threads that got moved to Foo, Car, Watch, Hiking and you will see members questioning the move. Why did threads that were 50 pages long and 5 years old suddenly need to be moved here?

Blame it on the hiking roadies. Straw that broke the camel's back.


So who wears a Camelbak while hiking?

coasting 03-06-14 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553771)
ohhhhh...jonesy, you have the regal. have you ridden the san marco rolls. thats an oldie design too right?


bike content due to random pic posted. discussion on saddle design might ensue.

rjones28 03-06-14 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 16553836)
bike content due to random pic posted. discussion on saddle design might ensue.

I might get the titanium railed version for the new bike.

coasting 03-06-14 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 16553845)
I might get the titanium railed version for the new bike.


nice try.


but seriously...why the ti version? weight?

rjones28 03-06-14 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16553811)
I am not trying to be a trouble maker...

Too late.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 AM.