Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2720
  1. #76
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Racist.

    Tiger Datlas. Let the kids play!
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  2. #77
    Senior Member datlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
    My Bikes
    1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    13,790
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    Racist.

    Tiger Datlas. Let the kids play!
    I joke with my wife that she is a Tiger Mom.

    The music was phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    never underestimate the idiocy of BF.

  3. #78
    Senior Member datlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
    My Bikes
    1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    13,790
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That Specialized Evade helmet looks really cool. And it's aero!

    I don't know if I can justify paying $250 for one, that would buy half a dozen of my current favorite helmet, the Bell Alchera.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    never underestimate the idiocy of BF.

  4. #79
    Super Moderator BillyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My Bikes
    Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92; Schwinn Continental '76.
    Posts
    12,190
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
    .
    .
    ...so is addiction XXXIII the one where we finally crucify someone ?
    We can only hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by ls01 View Post
    Damnit coasting! How many times have I told you?! Stop drinking your chain lube?!
    He need that to stay, um, regular.

    Quote Originally Posted by datlas View Post
    I just skimmed last night's addiction "dailies."

    Signal:Noise ratio is not favorable. Usual end-of-month shenanigans.
    It's all noise, including the signal.
    Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
    Titanium Division

  5. #80
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,393
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    home brew lube is excellent.
    Keep it to yourself, banana-sticking-out-of-your-shorts boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  6. #81
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,899
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent...
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

  7. #82
    Casually Deliberate
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls01 View Post
    Damnit coasting! How many times have I told you?! Stop drinking your chain lube?!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    Earmuffs!!! This is a family forum, miss!

  8. #83
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,194
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bottle of chain lube costs between $6 and $10, works OK, lasts multiple seasons, and doesn't require storing or mixing noxious chemicals in my garage. I'm having a hard time seeing the upside of homebrew.
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  9. #84
    Casually Deliberate
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datlas View Post
    I had an interesting experience last night, we went to my daughter's regional orchestra performance. These are middle school kids aged 11-14, they sounded fantastic!

    Not sure why, but the vast majority of the kids (maybe 80%) were Asian.
    Getting their extracurriculars in so they look good on college apps? I was definitely not a Caucasian Tiger Mom but the Asian kids adopted my daughter, she picked up motivation from them by osmosis, and is at college on nearly full-scholarship. (She's gonna have a very small amount of student loans but nothing like you'd expect for a college costing ~$60,000 per year.)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    Earmuffs!!! This is a family forum, miss!

  10. #85
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    some more bike fit adjustments on today's ride. maybe some newbies might find this helpful.


    i got a shorter stem. it felt great. but today on a longer ride than I have had the chance to do since i got the stem, i found that i needed to shift my saddle back a bit. how can that be right? does this not cancel out the shorter reach?

    shifting the saddle back i still felt balanced with the reach. my bum being further behind my feet meant i could lean forward further and maintain the fore aft balance. i had previously shifted further and further forward because the reach was too far forward and this had upset the feet bum position out of balance. never shift your saddle to achieve the right amount of reach. do that with stem length.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  11. #86
    Casually Deliberate
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A desirable midtown neighhborhood in Vancouver, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 820
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    A bottle of chain lube costs between $6 and $10, works OK, lasts multiple seasons, and doesn't require storing or mixing noxious chemicals in my garage. I'm having a hard time seeing the upside of homebrew.
    You get to pretend you're Walter White?
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    Earmuffs!!! This is a family forum, miss!

  12. #87
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
    A bottle of chain lube costs between $6 and $10, works OK, lasts multiple seasons, and doesn't require storing or mixing noxious chemicals in my garage. I'm having a hard time seeing the upside of homebrew.
    you just don't get it.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  13. #88
    he said member ls01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    location, location!
    My Bikes
    are smarter than your bikes
    Posts
    6,916
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    some more bike fit adjustments on today's ride. maybe some newbies might find this helpful.


    i got a shorter stem. it felt great. but today on a longer ride than I have had the chance to do since i got the stem, i found that i needed to shift my saddle back a bit. how can that be right? does this not cancel out the shorter reach?

    shifting the saddle back i still felt balanced with the reach. my bum being further behind my feet meant i could lean forward further and maintain the fore aft balance. i had previously shifted further and further forward because the reach was too far forward and this had upset the feet bum position out of balance. never shift your saddle to achieve the right amount of reach. do that with stem length.
    Pay attention to your knees now. Be alert for pains. I use kops as a starting/refrence point. I adjust from there. If you get knee pain move your saddle back pronto.
    Originally posted by Whyfi "Who needs thumbs when you can lick yourself?"

  14. #89
    Senior Member halfspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    My Bikes
    are better than yours.
    Posts
    11,194
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    you just don't get it.
    Correct.
    Telemachus has, indeed, sneezed.

  15. #90
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls01 View Post
    Pay attention to your knees now. Be alert for pains. I use kops as a starting/refrence point. I adjust from there. If you get knee pain move your saddle back pronto.

    will do. but i had previously moved it forward beyond where i historically had been happy. i felt i was too far forward and kept shifting my arse back to the rear edge of the saddle.

    bike fit... a long and twisted path.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  16. #91
    he said member ls01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    location, location!
    My Bikes
    are smarter than your bikes
    Posts
    6,916
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    you just don't get it.
    Coasting is a rebel! He is taking that chain lube extra chain purchase profit right out of The MANS pocket! Right on brother coasting, RIGHT ON!
    Originally posted by Whyfi "Who needs thumbs when you can lick yourself?"

  17. #92
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    6,369
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona_W View Post
    Getting their extracurriculars in so they look good on college apps? I was definitely not a Caucasian Tiger Mom but the Asian kids adopted my daughter, she picked up motivation from them by osmosis, and is at college on nearly full-scholarship. (She's gonna have a very small amount of student loans but nothing like you'd expect for a college costing ~$60,000 per year.)
    Admirable. Not an easy task.

  18. #93
    So it is LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    My Bikes
    81 Puch Luzerne, 90 Schwinn 684, Ridley Boreas, November Wheelhouse
    Posts
    6,369
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coasting, you silly goose, you knew all that already. You're the one that posted up a way to climb that I still use today.

  19. #94
    he said member ls01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    location, location!
    My Bikes
    are smarter than your bikes
    Posts
    6,916
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    will do. but i had previously moved it forward beyond where i historically had been happy. i felt i was too far forward and kept shifting my arse back to the rear edge of the saddle.

    bike fit... a long and twisted path.
    Flexibility issues can cause the scootching too. Or you may still be to stretched out, or could be to low of a position. You need to pay attention to what feels fatigued before you scootch forward and adjust acourdingly.
    One of my problems, (we don't have space for the whole list) is a week core. I would pull myself forward so I could support myself with my arms and shoulders. After a few weeks of planks every morning. No more sore shoulders, snd my reach was comfortable.
    Originally posted by Whyfi "Who needs thumbs when you can lick yourself?"

  20. #95
    he said member ls01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    location, location!
    My Bikes
    are smarter than your bikes
    Posts
    6,916
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dagnabit! Bike content in addiction again.
    Originally posted by Whyfi "Who needs thumbs when you can lick yourself?"

  21. #96
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    coasting, you silly goose, you knew all that already. You're the one that posted up a way to climb that I still use today.

    really? i spout so much drivel i don't remember what i have said.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  22. #97
    Super Moderator BillyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My Bikes
    Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92; Schwinn Continental '76.
    Posts
    12,190
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls01 View Post
    Coasting is a rebel! He is taking that chain lube extra chain purchase profit right out of The MANS pocket! Right on brother coasting, RIGHT ON!
    Damn right! Power to the people! STICK IT TO THE MAN, BABY!




























    Oh sorry, I had a flashback to the 60s for a moment there.

    Nevermind.
    Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
    Titanium Division

  23. #98
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so what did i say about climbing? i must have lost it because i am back to my pitiful efforts. i hate climbing. give me rolling hills any day. going up and up and up followed by a quick descent is boring as hell.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  24. #99
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    22,756
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Is it wrong to put a Carradice Saddlebag on a modernish road bike?
    Looks okay.


  25. #100
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    22,756
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datlas View Post
    OK, I will defer to the superior mind.
    I see trouble ahead.

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •