Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,471
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say you waved at another cyclist, could you be more specific? Do you mean another cyclist besides yourself or another cyclist besides the one you waved last last week? Do you have a waving problem?
    Robert

    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." (Bob Seger, "Against the Wind")

  2. #27
    Senior Member spectastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    texas
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    1,868
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bing? you fail!
    5/20

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Washington, Mo
    My Bikes
    Trek 1.5, Scwinn Sporterra comp, Cannondale Synapse carbon
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
    My favorites -- Specialized SL Comp gloves. Not too much padding, $30, available in black and black/white, completely colorfast unlike a lot of gloves.
    SL Comp seems like a funny name for gloves. Sounds like they're trying too hard. They're GLOVES for goodness sake!

  4. #29
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,213
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I waved at a female the other day and she did not wave back. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't see said wave or if she has me on ignore. I wish I knew because I have an interest in her.

    I was mowing grass, not cycling. I did not have any gloves on.

  5. #30
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    23,158
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    I waved at a female the other day and she did not wave back. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't see said wave or if she has me on ignore. I wish I knew because I have an interest in her.

    I was mowing grass, not cycling. I did not have any gloves on.
    Was this female also mowing grass?

  6. #31
    Senior Member snidely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    I waved at a female the other day and she did not wave back. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't see said wave or if she has me on ignore. I wish I knew because I have an interest in her.

    I was mowing grass, not cycling. I did not have any gloves on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Was this female also mowing grass?
    When you say "mowing the grass", do you actually mean mowing the grass?

  7. #32
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,213
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Was this female also mowing grass?
    No, she was inside the building, which made it more difficult for me to see.

    Perhaps if I had been wearing high-visibility gloves it would have attracted more attention.

    High-visibility gloves--there's a good idea.

  8. #33
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,589
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    I waved at a female the other day and she did not wave back. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't see said wave or if she has me on ignore. I wish I knew because I have an interest in her.

    I was mowing grass, not cycling. I did not have any gloves on.
    were you licking your lips as you waved?
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  9. #34
    Must... ride... more... Phil_gretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    My Bikes
    '77 Fuji S-10S, '82 Fuji Team, '88 Fuji Saratoga, '08 Scattante CFR, '12 Jamis Sputnik, '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT
    Posts
    2,390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    I was mowing grass, not cycling. I did not have any gloves on.
    You don't wear gloves when you mow grass? I've worn leather work gloves for decades when I do yard work, trimming hedges, etc. A proper pair of work gloves is a necessity for most jobs, from changing oil to planting a tree to handling pressure treated wood...

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    S-Works Roubaix SL2, Secteur Sport, TriCross, Kaffenback, Lurcher 29er
    Posts
    2,392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppeddler View Post
    SL Comp seems like a funny name for gloves. Sounds like they're trying too hard. They're GLOVES for goodness sake!
    Yes, that is their major flaw and I was remiss in not pointing it out. Truly excellent point. This is the kind of thoughtful, hard-hitting, in depth analysis that makes this place such a bastion of intellect.

  11. #36
    Mostly Harmless rjones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chittenango, NY
    My Bikes
    Have two wheels
    Posts
    23,158
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    No, she was inside the building, which made it more difficult for me to see.

    Perhaps if I had been wearing high-visibility gloves it would have attracted more attention.

    High-visibility gloves--there's a good idea.
    I think she snapped a picture...


  12. #37
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,213
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_gretz View Post
    You don't wear gloves when you mow grass? I've worn leather work gloves for decades when I do yard work, trimming hedges, etc. A proper pair of work gloves is a necessity for most jobs, from changing oil to planting a tree to handling pressure treated wood...
    Why?

    I'm not too worried about getting grassrash on my hands if I slip and fall.

  13. #38
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    7,591
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what proper calluses are for.
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  14. #39
    Senior Member datlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malvern, PA (20 miles West of Philly)
    My Bikes
    1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    13,951
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    I think she snapped a picture...

    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    never underestimate the idiocy of BF.

  15. #40
    Super Moderator BillyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My Bikes
    Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92; Schwinn Continental '76.
    Posts
    12,345
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    I think she snapped a picture...

    Nah that ain't him, jersey is too small.
    Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
    Titanium Division

  16. #41
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,213
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by himespau View Post
    That's what proper calluses are for.
    That's right. I need some vestige of manliness. I can't say I get much from cycling.

  17. #42
    Senior Member gaucho777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    My Bikes
    '72 Cilo Pacer • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe (753) • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90ish Parkpre Team MTB
    Posts
    3,923
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't wave back because I was embarrassed about my Mavic gloves, which started falling apart right as soon as I bought them. They feel comfortable, but don't last.

  18. #43
    Senior Member stevebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tammany Trace
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Version View Post
    Waved at another cyclist and he didn't wave back...
    Sorry to hear that, dude. Try waving to chicks instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •