Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.bikeforums.net/sale/)
-   -   Pay it forward 2014 (http://www.bikeforums.net/sale/929548-pay-forward-2014-a.html)

Siu Blue Wind 01-12-14 09:50 AM

Pay it forward 2014
 
This is the pay it forward thread where the idea is to give away something that others might be able to use. Please understand that members here are giving away something without charging, and that it is customary to pay for the shipping if you are the recipient of that item. To continue the good spirit, we ask that if you find something that you no longer can use, perhaps you can pay that forward to someone else to pass on the good mojo. :)

If you are the person giving away the item, please let others know that it has been spoken for. If you have received an item, please let the person who sent it to you know that it arrived. Pics of it in use is always a bonus. :)

Please do not ask for items, this is not the thread to do so. Another thing that I ask is, please do not put claim to a lot of items here, lets give every one a chance to be the recipient of a gift.

Please note that IB and Bike Forums are not and will not be held responsible for any personal info given out or transactions that do not come out as hoped as well as any negative backlash.

Enjoy!

toegnix 01-12-14 10:01 AM

FREE! Black Arm Warmers, Size Medium
 
2 Attachment(s)
[carried over from 2013...]

GONE - WINNER IS hicksrdalton
FREE! Black Arm Warmers, Size Medium

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359220http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359221

No tears, no rips, but the stretch is a little tired, especially the white rubbery arm grippers. These will probably fit best on someone who's at the higher end of the medium size range or a smaller large. Make sense? Brand is probably Voler, but possibly Performance. Nontheless, they're free. Shove them in an envelope and mail to you - you just pay postage.

hicksrdalton 01-16-14 09:30 PM

^^Arm warmers still available?

toegnix 01-17-14 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hicksrdalton (Post 16417685)
^^Arm warmers still available?

Yes. Send a PM and we'll go from there.

hicksrdalton 01-17-14 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toegnix (Post 16418027)
Yes. Send a PM and we'll go from there.

Can't PM yet (too new at 12 posts) so I sent a message through email

Siu Blue Wind 01-17-14 12:50 AM

You can message through profile message. Click on his name and from there you will see the place to put your message

redcon1 01-24-14 04:00 PM

Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.:thumb:

rjhammett 01-24-14 04:42 PM

Very honorable work you are doing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcon1 (Post 16438206)
Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.:thumb:


anixi 01-24-14 09:48 PM

^+1, will keep holding you up, bro...

sirclicksalot 01-27-14 11:19 PM

Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

Cleaning up, various stuff:

Good:
Campagnolo Nuovo Record (post CPSC) side-pull Caliper Brakes, Reg reach
Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
Stronglight A-9 needle bearings 1" Theaded Headset (missing races, came w/plastic ones, but any 45 degree race set for roller/needle bearings will do)

16-hole Formula Front Hub

Bad:
No-name short-rise 1" threaded stem
Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)
No-name Non-aero brake levers
2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)

Ugly
MKS Quill 2K Platform Pedals
"Masi"-branded 100mm 0 degree stem*

??? 110mm 10 degree stem*

???
Bendix-70 1960/70s era coaster brake hub (sproket not pictured, but I have it)
CCM branded front hub (circa mid 1950, came off a CCM crusier bike I ID's from 1956)

*What can I say? Quill stems look so much nicer...

Like I said, nothing to shout about, but the Campy NR brakes/XT RD/Stronglight Headset might be that last piece someone is looking for to complete a period build. The rest is up there mostly because a) why not and b) if you want one item and might have use for the other stuff, I'd be happy to throw it in the box.

Photos here:
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/00e0e_3j7iek9tkSI_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...v3_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...s4_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...TS_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...75_600x450.jpg

rjhammett 01-28-14 07:13 AM

PM sent for calipers, headset, seatpost.


Quote:

Originally Posted by sirclicksalot (Post 16446245)
Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

Cleaning up, various stuff:

Good:
Campagnolo Nuovo Record (post CPSC) side-pull Caliper Brakes, Reg reach
Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
Stronglight A-9 needle bearings 1" Theaded Headset (missing races, came w/plastic ones, but any 45 degree race set for roller/needle bearings will do)
16-hole Formula Front Hub

Bad:
No-name short-rise 1" threaded stem
Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)
No-name Non-aero brake levers
2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)

Ugly
MKS Quill 2K Platform Pedals
"Masi"-branded 100mm 0 degree stem*
??? 110mm 10 degree stem*

???
Bendix-70 1960/70s era coaster brake hub (sproket not pictured, but I have it)
CCM branded front hub (circa mid 1950, came off a CCM crusier bike I ID's from 1956)

*What can I say? Quill stems look so much nicer...

Like I said, nothing to shout about, but the Campy NR brakes/XT RD/Stronglight Headset might be that last piece someone is looking for to complete a period build. The rest is up there mostly because a) why not and b) if you want one item and might have use for the other stuff, I'd be happy to throw it in the box.

Photos here:
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/00e0e_3j7iek9tkSI_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...v3_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...s4_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...TS_600x450.jpg
https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...75_600x450.jpg


longbeachgary 01-28-14 07:09 PM

Hi All,
Anyone need a pair of Schwalbe Durnao tires with zero miles? GONE to PapaG

no1mad 01-28-14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbeachgary (Post 16448609)
Hi All,
Anyone need a pair of Schwalbe Durnao tires with zero miles?

What size? (not that I'm interested personally)

longbeachgary 01-28-14 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1mad (Post 16448615)
What size? (not that I'm interested personally)

Sorry 700 x 23. Came stock with the CAAD10 GONE

I also have some used cassettes
2 Dura Ace 9 speed 12/23
6500 9 speed 12/25
5700 10 speed 11/28 (almost brand new) GONE to mleach82
5600 10 speed 12/27 (gone to creative - waiting for address)

sirclicksalot 01-28-14 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjhammett (Post 16446633)
PM sent for calipers, headset, seatpost.

- All yours. I'd PM you, but I need some more posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notenoughdaylig
Hi, I could use the xt rd as long as it's not short cage.

- Nope, long cage. All you.

I'll try to find some time this weekend to box em up, but the wife is currently in tech week for an opera performance, so bike fiddlin' falls pretty low in the household priority ranking, but I'll put em aside for you 2 and give you a heads up on shipping when they are ready to go.

Jakedatc 01-29-14 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbeachgary (Post 16448695)
Sorry 700 x 23. Came stock with the CAAD10 GONE

I also have some used cassettes
2 Dura Ace 9 speed 12/23
6500 9 speed 12/25
5700 10 speed 11/28 (almost brand new) GONE to mleach82
5600 10 speed 12/27

pm'd about tires and cassette.

JTGraphics 02-04-14 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirclicksalot (Post 16446245)
Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)

Interested in these if you still have for my grandsons project bike.

WebFootFreak 02-06-14 09:11 AM

Pm sent on:

Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)

ruirui 02-06-14 05:49 PM

hi all.. anyone have some regular aluminum platform pedals they don't need for road bikes? i built up a nashbar CF bike for my wife, but she's afraid to use clip-less, so we don't have any pedals for her right now.

please PM me if you have a pair available. thanks.

Siu Blue Wind 02-06-14 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcon1 (Post 16438206)
Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.:thumb:

You are awesome, thank you! I've done the same thing but mine is more random. If I see someone needs a bike, I do my best to pay it forward. :)

Siu Blue Wind 02-06-14 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruirui (Post 16474052)
hi all.. anyone have some regular aluminum platform pedals they don't need for road bikes? i built up a nashbar CF bike for my wife, but she's afraid to use clip-less, so we don't have any pedals for her right now.

please PM me if you have a pair available. thanks.

Dibs. How much for shipping to 94513? ;)

http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...22-Want-To-Buy

anixi 02-06-14 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 16474090)
Dibs. How much for shipping to 94513? ;)

http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...22-Want-To-Buy

Yeah, I've been tempted to ask for things on this thread also...

ruirui 02-07-14 12:14 PM

I'm not giving away a bike.. I'm asking if anyone have a pair of platform pedals to give away. I need a pair for my wife's bike. Sorry for the confusion.

himespau 02-07-14 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 16403950)
This is the pay it forward thread where the idea is to give away something that others might be able to use. Please understand that members here are giving away something without charging, and that it is customary to pay for the shipping if you are the recipient of that item. To continue the good spirit, we ask that if you find something that you no longer can use, perhaps you can pay that forward to someone else to pass on the good mojo. :)

If you are the person giving away the item, please let others know that it has been spoken for. If you have received an item, please let the person who sent it to you know that it arrived. Pics of it in use is always a bonus. :)

Please do not ask for items, this is not the thread to do so. Another thing that I ask is, please do not put claim to a lot of items here, lets give every one a chance to be the recipient of a gift.

Please note that IB and Bike Forums are not and will not be held responsible for any personal info given out or transactions that do not come out as hoped as well as any negative backlash.

Enjoy!

You can't do that here.

sirclicksalot 02-10-14 02:01 PM

Sorry for the delays, all that are interested in my yard sale. I had another roadblock thrown up last Wed AM, in the form of BROKEN COLLARBONE! Apparently, now I'm a "real cyclist" I would have rather stayed a fake one, but oh well...


Just an inventory of what is spoken for, for who, here's the tally so far:


notenoughdaylig: XT RD


rjhammett: Campy brakes, seatpost, headset

PapaGanoosh: MKS Pedals, 2nd Seatpost, Masi Stem

JTGraphics: Shimano FD, (RD & 2nd seatpost are spoken for)


WebFootFreak: Cane Creek brake levers


I'll work on getting this stuff out this week


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.