Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 140
  1. #1
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pay it forward 2014

    This is the pay it forward thread where the idea is to give away something that others might be able to use. Please understand that members here are giving away something without charging, and that it is customary to pay for the shipping if you are the recipient of that item. To continue the good spirit, we ask that if you find something that you no longer can use, perhaps you can pay that forward to someone else to pass on the good mojo.

    If you are the person giving away the item, please let others know that it has been spoken for. If you have received an item, please let the person who sent it to you know that it arrived. Pics of it in use is always a bonus.

    Please do not ask for items, this is not the thread to do so. Another thing that I ask is, please do not put claim to a lot of items here, lets give every one a chance to be the recipient of a gift.

    Please note that IB and Bike Forums are not and will not be held responsible for any personal info given out or transactions that do not come out as hoped as well as any negative backlash.

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 01-12-14 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  2. #2
    Senior Member toegnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Coyote Creek and Orangethorpe, LA/OC
    My Bikes
    BG G6 (2013), BG G5 (2012), BH G5 (2010), Luma RAX (2009) VeloVie Vitesse 300SE (2008), Kuota Kredo (2007), Cannondale CAAD 8 (2005, 2006), Felt F1 (2004), Trek 5200 (2003), Trek 5200 (1994), DiamondBack Master TG (1990)
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    FREE! Black Arm Warmers, Size Medium

    [carried over from 2013...]

    GONE - WINNER IS hicksrdalton
    FREE! Black Arm Warmers, Size Medium

    arm-warmers2b.jpgarm-warmers1b.jpg

    No tears, no rips, but the stretch is a little tired, especially the white rubbery arm grippers. These will probably fit best on someone who's at the higher end of the medium size range or a smaller large. Make sense? Brand is probably Voler, but possibly Performance. Nontheless, they're free. Shove them in an envelope and mail to you - you just pay postage.
    Last edited by toegnix; 03-07-14 at 11:20 AM.
    Anthony -- [this signature neutered by BF]
    I'D LIKE YOU TO SEE MY BIKE STUFF --> http://www.imadm.com/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Huntsville, AL or Bradenton, FL
    My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sirrus, 2013 Felt Z85
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Arm warmers still available?

  4. #4
    Senior Member toegnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Coyote Creek and Orangethorpe, LA/OC
    My Bikes
    BG G6 (2013), BG G5 (2012), BH G5 (2010), Luma RAX (2009) VeloVie Vitesse 300SE (2008), Kuota Kredo (2007), Cannondale CAAD 8 (2005, 2006), Felt F1 (2004), Trek 5200 (2003), Trek 5200 (1994), DiamondBack Master TG (1990)
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hicksrdalton View Post
    ^^Arm warmers still available?
    Yes. Send a PM and we'll go from there.
    Anthony -- [this signature neutered by BF]
    I'D LIKE YOU TO SEE MY BIKE STUFF --> http://www.imadm.com/

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Huntsville, AL or Bradenton, FL
    My Bikes
    2011 Specialized Sirrus, 2013 Felt Z85
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toegnix View Post
    Yes. Send a PM and we'll go from there.
    Can't PM yet (too new at 12 posts) so I sent a message through email

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can message through profile message. Click on his name and from there you will see the place to put your message
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  7. #7
    Senior Member redcon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Central PA
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Big Sur, Santa Cruz Blur, Raleigh Competition, Focus Arriba, Focus Izalco Ergoride
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
    All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

    Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rjhammett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    My Bikes
    '92 Colnago Master PIU, '85 Fuso, '92 Bridgestone RB-1, '87 Centurion Ironman 'Miami Vice', ?? Custom Build, '83 Pinarello Record, '92 Tommaso
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very honorable work you are doing!

    Quote Originally Posted by redcon1 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
    All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

    Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.
    Travis Bickle
    You talking to me?

  9. #9
    Jack of all trades anixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    My Bikes
    Pug Triathlon&PRN-10 Ventana El Saltamontes Spec Stumpjumper Conversion
    Posts
    2,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^+1, will keep holding you up, bro...
    Put me back on my bike! -- Tom Simpson

  10. #10
    Senior Member sirclicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    85 Trek 620, 07 Masi Speciale Fixed, 86 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

    Cleaning up, various stuff:

    Good:
    Campagnolo Nuovo Record (post CPSC) side-pull Caliper Brakes, Reg reach
    Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
    Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
    Stronglight A-9 needle bearings 1" Theaded Headset (missing races, came w/plastic ones, but any 45 degree race set for roller/needle bearings will do)

    16-hole Formula Front Hub

    Bad:
    No-name short-rise 1" threaded stem
    Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)
    No-name Non-aero brake levers
    2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)

    Ugly
    MKS Quill 2K Platform Pedals
    "Masi"-branded 100mm 0 degree stem*

    ??? 110mm 10 degree stem*

    ???
    Bendix-70 1960/70s era coaster brake hub (sproket not pictured, but I have it)
    CCM branded front hub (circa mid 1950, came off a CCM crusier bike I ID's from 1956)

    *What can I say? Quill stems look so much nicer...

    Like I said, nothing to shout about, but the Campy NR brakes/XT RD/Stronglight Headset might be that last piece someone is looking for to complete a period build. The rest is up there mostly because a) why not and b) if you want one item and might have use for the other stuff, I'd be happy to throw it in the box.

    Photos here:
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/00e0e_3j7iek9tkSI_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...v3_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...s4_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...TS_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...75_600x450.jpg
    Last edited by sirclicksalot; 02-10-14 at 01:06 PM.
    I PAY ATTENTION. You didn't know I was paying attention because you weren't PAYING ATTENTION. -Ray Smuckles

  11. #11
    Senior Member rjhammett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    My Bikes
    '92 Colnago Master PIU, '85 Fuso, '92 Bridgestone RB-1, '87 Centurion Ironman 'Miami Vice', ?? Custom Build, '83 Pinarello Record, '92 Tommaso
    Posts
    755
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM sent for calipers, headset, seatpost.


    Quote Originally Posted by sirclicksalot View Post
    Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

    Cleaning up, various stuff:

    Good:
    Campagnolo Nuovo Record (post CPSC) side-pull Caliper Brakes, Reg reach
    Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
    Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
    Stronglight A-9 needle bearings 1" Theaded Headset (missing races, came w/plastic ones, but any 45 degree race set for roller/needle bearings will do)
    16-hole Formula Front Hub

    Bad:
    No-name short-rise 1" threaded stem
    Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)
    No-name Non-aero brake levers
    2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)

    Ugly
    MKS Quill 2K Platform Pedals
    "Masi"-branded 100mm 0 degree stem*
    ??? 110mm 10 degree stem*

    ???
    Bendix-70 1960/70s era coaster brake hub (sproket not pictured, but I have it)
    CCM branded front hub (circa mid 1950, came off a CCM crusier bike I ID's from 1956)

    *What can I say? Quill stems look so much nicer...

    Like I said, nothing to shout about, but the Campy NR brakes/XT RD/Stronglight Headset might be that last piece someone is looking for to complete a period build. The rest is up there mostly because a) why not and b) if you want one item and might have use for the other stuff, I'd be happy to throw it in the box.

    Photos here:
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/00e0e_3j7iek9tkSI_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...v3_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...s4_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...TS_600x450.jpg
    https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...75_600x450.jpg
    Travis Bickle
    You talking to me?

  12. #12
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    Anyone need a pair of Schwalbe Durnao tires with zero miles? GONE to PapaG
    Last edited by longbeachgary; 01-29-14 at 01:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
    Hi All,
    Anyone need a pair of Schwalbe Durnao tires with zero miles?
    What size? (not that I'm interested personally)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  14. #14
    Senior Member longbeachgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Long Beach California
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx MXL; 2012 CAAD10; 2013 CAAD10 - The Silver and Black; Cannondale CAAD10 DI2 - The Black Dahlia; 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 DI2, The Black Mambo
    Posts
    3,273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    What size? (not that I'm interested personally)
    Sorry 700 x 23. Came stock with the CAAD10 GONE

    I also have some used cassettes
    2 Dura Ace 9 speed 12/23
    6500 9 speed 12/25
    5700 10 speed 11/28 (almost brand new) GONE to mleach82
    5600 10 speed 12/27 (gone to creative - waiting for address)
    Last edited by longbeachgary; 02-08-14 at 12:27 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member sirclicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    85 Trek 620, 07 Masi Speciale Fixed, 86 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhammett View Post
    PM sent for calipers, headset, seatpost.
    - All yours. I'd PM you, but I need some more posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughdaylig
    Hi, I could use the xt rd as long as it's not short cage.
    - Nope, long cage. All you.

    I'll try to find some time this weekend to box em up, but the wife is currently in tech week for an opera performance, so bike fiddlin' falls pretty low in the household priority ranking, but I'll put em aside for you 2 and give you a heads up on shipping when they are ready to go.
    I PAY ATTENTION. You didn't know I was paying attention because you weren't PAYING ATTENTION. -Ray Smuckles

  16. #16
    Senior Member Jakedatc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lil Rhody
    Posts
    2,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
    Sorry 700 x 23. Came stock with the CAAD10 GONE

    I also have some used cassettes
    2 Dura Ace 9 speed 12/23
    6500 9 speed 12/25
    5700 10 speed 11/28 (almost brand new) GONE to mleach82
    5600 10 speed 12/27
    pm'd about tires and cassette.
    2007 CSK
    199? Trek 1420 ** 15% Off Hammer Nutrition Referral Code **

  17. #17
    Senior Member JTGraphics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,516
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirclicksalot View Post
    Hokay, this is a much sadder offering than LBG's largesse, but I took a crack at listing these parts on CL, not one bite (other than spammers), so my loss is the PIF thread's gain.

    Shimano XT Rear Derailleur RD-M730
    Shimano Z-Series FD-Z204 Front Derailleur
    2x27.2 Seatposts (SR and Sugino)
    Interested in these if you still have for my grandsons project bike.
    It may not be fancy but it gets me were I need to go.
    http://www.jtgraphics.net/cyclist_bicycles.htm

  18. #18
    Senior Member WebFootFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Marion, AR (Memphis)
    My Bikes
    1998 Huffy Mt. Havok, GMC Denali
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm sent on:

    Cane Creek 200TT Bullhorn Brake Levers (one shim missing)
    Due to recurring injury, I no longer have a yearly goal. How far I go is how far I go.
    As of 8/31 - Bike: 532.0mi Walk/Run: 147.0mi Weight 251.5

  19. #19
    need to go out and ride.. ruirui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    2011 Scott Addict R1
    Posts
    1,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi all.. anyone have some regular aluminum platform pedals they don't need for road bikes? i built up a nashbar CF bike for my wife, but she's afraid to use clip-less, so we don't have any pedals for her right now.

    please PM me if you have a pair available. thanks.
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 02-06-14 at 05:00 PM.

  20. #20
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redcon1 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you BF mods and members for keeping this going. In 2013 I put together 3 bikes for wounded vets from parts I had lying around, had locally donated from my friends, or procured here on BF.
    All three were much appreciated by the recipients and I know for a fact two are getting regular usage (praying for the third vet... long way to go!)

    Anyway, thanks again and I am going to catalog some parts I have collected and get them up here soon as I get a free weekend, to actually pay the generosity of BF forward.
    You are awesome, thank you! I've done the same thing but mine is more random. If I see someone needs a bike, I do my best to pay it forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  21. #21
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirui View Post
    hi all.. anyone have some regular aluminum platform pedals they don't need for road bikes? i built up a nashbar CF bike for my wife, but she's afraid to use clip-less, so we don't have any pedals for her right now.

    please PM me if you have a pair available. thanks.
    Dibs. How much for shipping to 94513?

    http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...22-Want-To-Buy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  22. #22
    Jack of all trades anixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    My Bikes
    Pug Triathlon&PRN-10 Ventana El Saltamontes Spec Stumpjumper Conversion
    Posts
    2,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Dibs. How much for shipping to 94513?

    http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdispl...22-Want-To-Buy
    Yeah, I've been tempted to ask for things on this thread also...
    Put me back on my bike! -- Tom Simpson

  23. #23
    need to go out and ride.. ruirui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    2011 Scott Addict R1
    Posts
    1,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not giving away a bike.. I'm asking if anyone have a pair of platform pedals to give away. I need a pair for my wife's bike. Sorry for the confusion.

  24. #24
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    7,540
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    This is the pay it forward thread where the idea is to give away something that others might be able to use. Please understand that members here are giving away something without charging, and that it is customary to pay for the shipping if you are the recipient of that item. To continue the good spirit, we ask that if you find something that you no longer can use, perhaps you can pay that forward to someone else to pass on the good mojo.

    If you are the person giving away the item, please let others know that it has been spoken for. If you have received an item, please let the person who sent it to you know that it arrived. Pics of it in use is always a bonus.

    Please do not ask for items, this is not the thread to do so. Another thing that I ask is, please do not put claim to a lot of items here, lets give every one a chance to be the recipient of a gift.

    Please note that IB and Bike Forums are not and will not be held responsible for any personal info given out or transactions that do not come out as hoped as well as any negative backlash.

    Enjoy!
    You can't do that here.
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  25. #25
    Senior Member sirclicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    85 Trek 620, 07 Masi Speciale Fixed, 86 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delays, all that are interested in my yard sale. I had another roadblock thrown up last Wed AM, in the form of BROKEN COLLARBONE! Apparently, now I'm a "real cyclist" I would have rather stayed a fake one, but oh well...


    Just an inventory of what is spoken for, for who, here's the tally so far:


    notenoughdaylig: XT RD


    rjhammett: Campy brakes, seatpost, headset

    PapaGanoosh: MKS Pedals, 2nd Seatpost, Masi Stem

    JTGraphics: Shimano FD, (RD & 2nd seatpost are spoken for)


    WebFootFreak: Cane Creek brake levers


    I'll work on getting this stuff out this week
    I PAY ATTENTION. You didn't know I was paying attention because you weren't PAYING ATTENTION. -Ray Smuckles

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •