Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Littledog Mark Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southwest Desert
    My Bikes
    2013 Giant Escape 2
    Posts
    2,868
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pay it Forward 2015!

    From Admin Siu Blue Wind:
    This is the pay it forward thread where the idea is to give away something that others might be able to use. Please understand that members here are giving away something without charging, and that it is customary to pay for the shipping if you are the recipient of that item. To continue the good spirit, we ask that if you find something that you no longer can use, perhaps you can pay that forward to someone else to pass on the good mojo.

    If you are the person giving away the item, please let others know that it has been spoken for. If you have received an item, please let the person who sent it to you know that it arrived. Pics of it in use is always a bonus.

    Please do not ask for items, this is not the thread to do so. Another thing that I ask is, please do not put claim to a lot of items here, lets give every one a chance to be the recipient of a gift.

    Please note that IB and Bike Forums are not and will not be held responsible for any personal info given out or transactions that do not come out as hoped as well as any negative backlash.

    Enjoy!
    Here's a link to the 2014 Thread: Pay it forward 2014

  2. #2
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown, Homemade Bamboo!
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok...clean out time.

    Free to good home, but you pay the postage (however, I am in Hong Kong so it is international - but HK Post is fairly cheap).



    P2220014.jpgP2220015.jpg
    Versa 8 road shifters to suit Nexus 8sp hub. Standard road brake cable pull.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JonnyHK; 03-14-15 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Updates - deleted taken items

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, sent you a PM on the seat post and hub. TIA!

  4. #4
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown, Homemade Bamboo!
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreative View Post
    Hi, sent you a PM on the seat post and hub. TIA!
    Replied with answer!

  5. #5
    Extra Medium Member redtires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Louisville, Co
    My Bikes
    Arcalis Andorra 01 custom build, Specialized Stumpy
    Posts
    1,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM's regarding light. Thanks!
    I like bikes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown, Homemade Bamboo!
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redtires View Post
    PM's regarding light. Thanks!
    Replied and sorted.

    Light is now taken.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown, Homemade Bamboo!
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems the hub is too expensive for anyone - it's a bit heavy to post - so into the trash it goes...

    A fella can't even give stuff away!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbor has an early 70's (71/72) Gitane Super Tour Grand Prix (?) small frame, 10 speed , steel wheels, steel crankset, Simplex components. It is light blue. Needs an entire restoration. Hasn't been ridden since 1972. Free to good home. Located in Columbia, SC. Contact me and I can coordinate your pickup.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe it's a long shot, but if anyone (US) wants a brooks b66 skeleton (with leather still weakly attached, but not worth restoring; it's literally falling apart), let me know. I hate to throw so much metal away...

  10. #10
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8,275
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    maybe it's a long shot, but if anyone (US) wants a brooks b66 skeleton (with leather still weakly attached, but not worth restoring; it's literally falling apart), let me know. I hate to throw so much metal away...
    maybe contact @rhm? He's one to refinish saddles.
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyHK View Post
    Seems the hub is too expensive for anyone - it's a bit heavy to post - so into the trash it goes...

    A fella can't even give stuff away!
    Hi, probably too late, but sent you a message regarding the hub etc... Am interested assuming postage to UK isn't prohibitively expensive. Thanks very much
    ** wishes I was 'zac fit' **

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    My Bikes
    2004 Fuji Track, 2015 Fuji Track on its way!
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2004 Fuji Track Pro Large (~58). Would make a great entry level bike. It's a little dinged up and doesn't include wheels or handlebars so I'll just give it away to someone who wants to use it to get into track racing just like I did. I'll be putting it on craigslist soon.

    I'm located in Redmond, WA (greater Seattle). Not looking for anything in return just to get rid of it. Not willing ship. Thanks!

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...pslf4frfay.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps44uwxrca.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psnrsq008u.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psvrdsesdy.jpg

    FOUND A NEW HOME
    Last edited by alfa111; 05-12-15 at 11:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa111 View Post
    2004 Fuji Track Pro Large (~58). Would make a great entry level bike. It's a little dinged up and doesn't include wheels or handlebars so I'll just give it away to someone who wants to use it to get into track racing just like I did. I'll be putting it on craigslist soon.

    I'm located in Redmond, WA (greater Seattle). Not looking for anything in return just to get rid of it. Not willing ship. Thanks!

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...pslf4frfay.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps44uwxrca.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psnrsq008u.jpg

    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psvrdsesdy.jpg
    What group does it have? Any chance you can ship the fork plus the group if it is an upgrade to mine?

  14. #14
    L-I-V-I-N dtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stafford, OR
    Posts
    3,996
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa111 View Post
    2004 Fuji Track Pro Large (~58). Would make a great entry level bike. It's a little dinged up and doesn't include wheels or handlebars so I'll just give it away to someone who wants to use it to get into track racing just like I did. I'll be putting it on craigslist soon.

    I'm located in Redmond, WA (greater Seattle). Not looking for anything in return just to get rid of it. Not willing ship. Thanks!
    I have a friend who works in Bellevue. So that might be a possibility. I can't ask too much of him...would it be asking too much of you to drop it off there? I'm down in the Portland area, and I've been wanting to try the Alpenrose Velodrome. I promise it'll get a 2nd life with plenty of use.
    "The older you do get, the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin', man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

    '14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    My Bikes
    2004 Fuji Track, 2015 Fuji Track on its way!
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain View Post
    I have a friend who works in Bellevue. So that might be a possibility. I can't ask too much of him...would it be asking too much of you to drop it off there? I'm down in the Portland area, and I've been wanting to try the Alpenrose Velodrome. I promise it'll get a 2nd life with plenty of use.
    I work in Bellevue so that would be great

  16. #16
    L-I-V-I-N dtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stafford, OR
    Posts
    3,996
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa111 View Post
    I work in Bellevue so that would be great
    Sweet, I'll get in touch with my buddy up there. Thanks!
    "The older you do get, the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin', man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

    '14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur

  17. #17
    L-I-V-I-N dtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stafford, OR
    Posts
    3,996
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa111 View Post
    I work in Bellevue so that would be great
    Hi alfa, I'm sending you a private message. You might not be able to respond (I think 50 posts are required), but I'll include my e-mail and cell number for texts. Thx!
    "The older you do get, the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin', man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

    '14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur

  18. #18
    rhm
    rhm is online now
    multimodal commuter rhm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ, NYC, LI
    My Bikes
    1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...
    Posts
    13,545
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of "rollerblade" inline skates. Size 44. Provenance, local dumpster. Look unused, clean, nothing wrong with them, but might be a few years old. I thought my son might want them, but I was mistaken. Anyone? I'm guessing postage will be in the $10-$12 range.

  19. #19
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    8,275
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    I have a pair of "rollerblade" inline skates. Size 44. Provenance, local dumpster. Look unused, clean, nothing wrong with them, but might be a few years old. I thought my son might want them, but I was mistaken. Anyone? I'm guessing postage will be in the $10-$12 range.
    If no one wants them, I might be interested in the wheels/bearings.
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  20. #20
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently upgraded the stock grips and pedals on my son's Jamis Hudson. My guess is they got around 100 miles on them, if that. Plenty of life left in them. Want 'em? Reply With Quote and let me know. You pay shipping by PayPal'ing me the money. :-)

    image.jpg image.jpg

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    My Bikes
    15' Specialized Allez Sport
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockLee View Post
    Recently upgraded the stock grips and pedals on my son's Jamis Hudson. My guess is they got around 100 miles on them, if that. Plenty of life left in them. Want 'em? Reply With Quote and let me know. You pay shipping by PayPal'ing me the money. :-)

    image.jpg image.jpg
    Pmed for grips.

    Edit, didnt realize I couldnt PM yet lol. Brock, can you shoot me a PM?

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    My Bikes
    15' Specialized Allez Sport
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockLee View Post
    Recently upgraded the stock grips and pedals on my son's Jamis Hudson. My guess is they got around 100 miles on them, if that. Plenty of life left in them. Want 'em? Reply With Quote and let me know. You pay shipping by PayPal'ing me the money. :-)

    image.jpg image.jpg
    Brock, I cant even reply to the pm you sent me. can you PM me your email address?

  23. #23
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been in touch thru email. Just wanted everyone to know the grips are spoken for. Shipping out this week when I make it to the Post Office. Pedals still up for grabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick779 View Post
    Brock, I cant even reply to the pm you sent me. can you PM me your email address?

  24. #24
    Voice of the Unpopular YouthInAsia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    I shoot all cats
    My Bikes
    that poop in my yard.
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pedals are still available if anyone wants them. I'm the man formerly known as BrockLee. Changed my screen name/user account. Reply With Quote to this if you want the pedals.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockLee View Post
    We've been in touch thru email. Just wanted everyone to know the grips are spoken for. Shipping out this week when I make it to the Post Office. Pedals still up for grabs.

  25. #25
    Junior Member ontwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    My Bikes
    http://goo.gl/sz1YxK
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyHK View Post
    Versa 8 road shifters to suit Nexus 8sp hub. Standard road brake cable pull.
    Do you still have the Versa 8 shifters? Any idea how much it would cost to ship them to the Chicago, IL, USA area?
    Last edited by ontwo; 05-28-15 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •