100 Days Tsunami Commemoration Bike Trip
Thailand Cycling Club is organizing a charity ride per detail below. We would like to exrend our invitation to those who would like to join this ride.
This will be on paved road, and Khaolak beach is stunning. If you need a bike to ride, I can loan you one, or you can rent suitable size bike. The application dead line is March21 with bank transfer of about $55. But better make that the Friday before, since Thailand is 12 hours ahead of NY standard time. Remember, you get supported ride with six nights shared accommodation at good hotel, and the money will contribute to charity. If you need more information, pls post below, and I'll come back with reply.
Bangkok to Khao Lak (Phang-nga) about 800 km.
28 March – 2 April 2005
Thailand Cycling Club (TCC) and Khao Lak Volunteers Foundation organize 800-km Bangkok-Khao Lak bike trip lasting 6 days from 28 March to 2 April 2005. Trip participants return to Bangkok via air-con bus on 3 April 2005.
Interested participants can apply at TCC office tel 02-612-4747, 02-612-5510-1 telling name, age and return phone number by March 21. Fee is 2,000 baht payable at the office or transfer money to Bangkok Bank’s Talat Phu branch under Amphorn Lee-amnuaychok account number 1150788840 and then fax the receipt to 02-612-5511
- 6 days accommodation
- Some meals
- Two trip shirts
- Accident insurance
- Service truck, water and primary accident care
- Air-con bus to transport people and bikes back to Bangkok
Note: Return at 12:00 Sunday 3 April 2005. Expected arrival time in Bangkok about 23.00. If return by yourself, please inform trip leader (Uncle Mee+ 01-9192989) in advance and must pay your own trip back.
1. Can pay 2,000 baht within deadline.
2. Can ride continuously not less than 20 km/hour (25 km/hr preferable) or at least 150 km a day for six days.
3. Have good-condition bike capable of lasting the whole trip.
4. Wear bike helmet throughout the ride.
5. Strictly abide by trip route and recommendations of trip leaders.
6. Have pleasant personality, help fellow bikers in need.
7. Abstain from alcohol, drug throughout the trip
8. Must not bring along any weapon.
9. Capable of supporting yourself, expense wise including some meals and return trip if choosing to return by yourself at any day.
Any participant who fails to abide by the trip regulation may be cast out from the trip and TCC will no longer be responsible for that person’s affairs.
What to bring along.
1. Money for personal expense and some meals.
2. As little as possible personal baggage (Official trip shirt is required to be worn throughout 6 days’ trip)
3. Mobile phone in case of emergency.
4. Don’t bring along any pet.
Monday 28 March 2005
7:00 Meet at Amphorn Garden, baggage left with service truck.
8:00 Strip starts to Petchburi 140 km.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 Petchburi – Prachuab Khirikhan 160 km.
Wednesday 30 March 2005 Prachuab Khirikhan – Chumphon 190 km.
Thursday 31 March 2005 Chumphon – Ranong 120 km.
Friday 1 April 2005 Ranong – Takua Pa 150 km.
Saturday 2 April 2005 Takua Pa – Khao Lak 40 km.
7:00 Start cycling
10:00 Arrive at Khao Lak, prepare procession to join official commemoration at 10:26, the time when tsunami struck.
In the afternoon, TCC organizes bike workshop to repair bikes for Khao Lak people.
Sunday 3 April 2005
6:00 Participate in 100 days commemoration merit making.
12:00 Pack belongings and bikes onto air-con bus and journey back to Bangkok.
23:00 Arrive in Bangkok.