Old 05-16-06, 08:10 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Michel Gagnon
Wasn't there the Bilenki Counterpoint around at some time.
The Bilenky Viewpoint was actually developed by Jim Weaver back in 1982 and originally called the Counterpoint Opus I.

Jim was a musician by training and developed the bike to solve a special cycling needs issue for his wife. The bikes were fabricated by Dennis Bushnell and there were several generations, i.e., Opus I, II, III, IV & V. Jim also developed what was considered one of the better short wheel base (SWB) recumbents early on (Counterpoint Presto) but elected to leave the bike fabrication business for personal reasons.

However, along the way he granted Bilenky Cycle Works of Philadelphia, PA, a license to produce the "Counterpoint" design and they subsequently improved on the original design and marketed their version as the aforementioned Viewpoint.

Angletech also produces a version of the Counterpoint that I provided a photo of in my earlier post that they market under the name, the Harmony. The Harmony, like the previous Counterpoints are/were fabricated by Dennis Bushnell up near Seattle, WA.