View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 03:43 PM
jimc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the answer!!!!! They will only build 50 Paramounts this year,and if it goes well maybe more next year.
Your local Schwinn dealer will only build to order custom built to your size, meaning it will take awhile for your Paramount to be cuddled by you. Waterford will build the frame!!!! They will be lugged but it won't be Newvex or Italian style, somewhere in between, I have no clue how it would look like. Schwinn will build the bike with components you would like, but I assume it will only be high end items such as Campy super record, Sram red, Shimano dura ace etc.....I'm not certain if you can buy the frame only!!!!!:It will not be cheapDepending what color and design or chrome finish, frame alone will be more than 3grand. How do I know this, well I just called up Waterford and I talked to believe it or not to Richard Schwinn!!!
So go to your Schwinn dealer and find out when you can order these beauty's if you can stand the wait. I had to wait 10 months for my custom built 2007 Davidson--you can see that at the framebuilders forum--thx jim