Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Quattro Assi track bike, Campy'd

Old 02-02-10, 09:15 AM
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Quattro Assi track bike, Campy'd

Just getting a feel

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...t=quattro+assi

I'm thinking about this one some, looking to get a best guess on current and Summer values on it. I had plans of riding this down at the Kenosha velodrome, getting some miles on me with it, then maybe heading to Marymoore for the Master's (hey, why day dream small, eh?). But apart from a couple of laps around the neighborhood the bike just hangs like a bat in the basement (I don't have a belfry otherwise I'd hang it there). So I'm kicking around the idea of passing it along. Probably won't, but might.

The paint has some cracking and one paint crack on the seat stay up by the seat would probably freak out an ebay buyer making them think the stay is cracked as well. I've thought of selectively Dremel wire wheeling the cracked paint down to bare metal, but haven't, and I don't want to strip it down for a repaint because, well, it has aged well and earned it's condition.

Tires need to be reglued or just replaced due to age (7-9 years old), and if I sell it I'll probably remove them so someone doesn't think they can get away with just adding air. But it shows better with tires.

I'd take the Look CarboPro pedals off since those aren't really suitable for track racing. I still haven't found the Campy pedals for it so those would not go with it even though they would complete the bike. Maybe I should try to find them.

And somewhere (probably with the pedals) I've got an old trimmed down leather saddle similar to a Brooks Swallow except it isn't a Brooks. That and the pedals really do complete the bike, especially when I throw on my old Sidi leather sole shoes with the nailed-on cleats. I can still sort of get my feet into the shoes, painfully.

I've been designated the wedding photographer for a friend and have been wanting to get a DSLR camera anyway, so I'm thinking of options, and the Quattro Assi is one option.

If I end up ebaying the bike I'd try to request a local inspection prior to shipping, or just go with local sale only. The local CL is not very condusive to sales right now, even though someone just posted a bunch of conversions for double or triple the local market price, so maybe the local market would support a sale - but I have my doubts.

So, opinions please. ( Sometimes I type tooooooooo much. )

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by treebound; 02-02-10 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-02-10, 02:38 PM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2896 Post(s)
Liked 2,784 Times in 1,441 Posts
that sure is a pretty bike. what is the frame materiel? size?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-02-10, 03:00 PM

Frame is steel, I'll have to look and see what grade of steel. Frame size is about 56ctc if I remember right.

I can hang it in a workstand and just the weight of the valve stem is enough to rotate the valvetrain. I'd hate to overhaul it for fear of never getting it back to that smoothness.

I'll see if I can get a better pic of it tonight. White bike in the snow outside at night, could get interesting getting an image.

Just fishing for a market value, not overly motivated to sell it. Plus I don't think the current market would support my hope for it.
Old 02-02-10, 09:14 PM

seat tube is about 57cm ctt
top tube is about 55cm ctc
it has a 105mm ctc Cinelli stem
gearing is 48x15 if I counted right
pics should show the rest

so, what is a possible fair market value on this one, allowing that it is the off season in the northen hemisphere, just to help me make a decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC02754.JPG (60.0 KB, 27 views)
DSC02749.JPG (61.5 KB, 28 views)
DSC02742.JPG (59.7 KB, 37 views)
DSC02743.JPG (61.0 KB, 36 views)
DSC02736.JPG (59.5 KB, 1137 views)
DSC02741.JPG (57.9 KB, 36 views)
DSC02740.JPG (57.2 KB, 39 views)
DSC02745.JPG (58.9 KB, 34 views)
DSC02737.JPG (58.8 KB, 44 views)
DSC02748.JPG (58.0 KB, 33 views)
DSC02746.JPG (58.6 KB, 31 views)
DSC02738.JPG (57.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-02-10, 09:26 PM

Bikes: 3Rensho Aero with 10 speed Centaure / Record , Lecroco , whatever bike I have for sale at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treebound
seat tube is about 57cm ctt
top tube is about 55cm ctc
it has a 105mm ctc Cinelli stem
gearing is 48x15 if I counted right
pics should show the rest

so, what is a possible fair market value on this one, allowing that it is the off season in the northen hemisphere, just to help me make a decision.
Don't know the brand but 2k easy if your part out and find the pedals , $1500 max sold complete. Only thing that bugs me is the fork. Never see that much clearance on a late 80's / 90's track bike +it's dirlled , what's up with that. Nice bike regardless!
Old 02-03-10, 08:20 AM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2896 Post(s)
Liked 2,784 Times in 1,441 Posts
Originally Posted by mainducoyote
Don't know the brand but 2k easy if your part out and find the pedals , $1500 max sold complete. Only thing that bugs me is the fork. Never see that much clearance on a late 80's / 90's track bike +it's dirlled , what's up with that. Nice bike regardless!
why is it always about maximizing profit? this bike is beautiful and functional just as it is why part it out to make a few extra bucks?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-03-10, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

For the fork, I've seen a bunch like that over the years, of course that was years ago. Used to be somewhat common to throw a front brake on for road training in the pre-season. At least the rear bridge isn't drilled out as well. If I was planning on riding it on the road I would probably get some wider tires than those skinny things on there now.

Hmmm, I might slip a road clincher into the fork and see how much gap there is with a fatter tire.
Old 02-03-10, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
$1000
Old 02-03-10, 09:23 AM

Bikes: 3Rensho Aero with 10 speed Centaure / Record , Lecroco , whatever bike I have for sale at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
why is it always about maximizing profit? this bike is beautiful and functional just as it is why part it out to make a few extra bucks?
Well, this is the valuation thread and when the parts are worth more than the whole it's worth noting. $500-$800 is more than a few bucks for most people.
Old 02-03-10, 09:48 AM

The whole versus parts aspect is good to know as well. I was sort of thinking around the $1,000 mark complete and wanted a sanity check on it in case I get into a "crash and burn lost my job again sell everything and get ready to move if needed" situation again.

It is back hanging on the basement wheel hook again. For the camera needs I'll take a different option and see how that pans out. Thanks for all the input.