Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Clarification on New Sig Rules In effect since 1/15/2013

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 01-29-13, 07:08 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Registered Members (No Star): No Sig Links or Sig Images allowed. This is because Spammers were exploiting this to their advantage. Sorry. I am planning on opening back up some of the frmatting options soon.

Donating Members (Red Star....and a few that donated but opted to not show a star): Sig Links and images allowed. This membership level is grandfathered, though and no longer avai;able to new members. Links to a site you own are allowed, only, though. like your noncommercial blog or Facebook Page.

Titanium Membership: Sig Links and images allowed. Links to a site you own are allowed, only, though. like your noncommercial blog or Facebook Page.

Here is the section of the guidelines, for reference

Originally Posted by Guidelines, contained under FAQ: Solicitation
Please refrain from using Bike Forums to promote your "crowdfunding campaign" (kickstarter/indiegogo), commercial services/website, or to advertise items for sale. If you are a Premium Member (Titanium or Red Star), you may attach a short link to your own blog or personal site within your profile or signature to your market items in our marketplace forums here (private sales only, no ebay auctions or online storefronts), or to a noncommercial website that you specifically own. Free members are not allowed sig links for their sites.
Advertisement can be arranged, though by emailing me or PMing me to send you the email contact for our ad rep.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Last edited by CbadRider; 02-16-14 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Updated Solicitation guideline to latest revision
Old 01-29-13, 09:48 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
And one additional change.....if you are riding in Tour de Cure, or another charity ride, please PM me, and I will award you your Sheldon Brown wings so you can have your charity links up in your sig, but please do not use it for commercial sites. If you are doing service wortk for the cycling community or a charity, you do deserve some reward and recognition for that.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant