Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Dolan Pre Cursa vs. Specialized Langster?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there,

I have ordered a Dolan Pre Cursa, but i have then discovered the Specialized Langster.

What is the better pick? I can always cancel the order ;-)
Old 06-09-13, 10:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks like you have more customization options on the Dolan Pre Cursa according to the Dolan website.
I'm not really a fan of complete bicycles with components from all of the same company for example: "FUJI ALUMINUM TRACK DROPS, FUJI ALUMINUM TRACK STEM, FUJI ALLOY TRACK CRANK 144BCD, FUJI ALLOY TRACK CHAINRING 48T".
Nothing wrong with components from all of the same company but do you know what I mean?
Me personally I'd rather buy just the frame set and buy the components that I want(If the company sells frame sets alone)
Old 06-09-13, 10:39 AM
Fixie Infamous

Bikes: 2007 CAAD Optimo Track, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10, 1996 GT Force restomod, 2015 Cannondale CAADX

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingDaily
It looks like you have more customization options on the Dolan Pre Cursa according to the Dolan website.
I'm not really a fan of complete bicycles with components from all of the same company for example: "FUJI ALUMINUM TRACK DROPS, FUJI ALUMINUM TRACK STEM, FUJI ALLOY TRACK CRANK 144BCD, FUJI ALLOY TRACK CHAINRING 48T".
Nothing wrong with components from all of the same company but do you know what I mean?
Me personally I'd rather buy just the frame set and buy the components that I want(If the company sells frame sets alone)
Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-09-13, 10:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you didn't answer the question in the slightest.

to OP, I like my pre-cursa. it has served me for about 4 years with no hiccups. I did build it from scratch, but you didn't tell us whether you bought the complete or frame set.

you should also know that there are multiple models of the langster from different years and are of different qualities. so which on did you "discover?"

all said, i believe the pre-cursa to be superior in terms of bang for the buck. i'm sure you will be happy with it.

what are you using the bike for? track? street? commuting?
Old 06-09-13, 11:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh right.. buy the Dolan Pre Cursa!
Old 06-09-13, 12:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seanifred
you didn't answer the question in the slightest.

to OP, I like my pre-cursa. it has served me for about 4 years with no hiccups. I did build it from scratch, but you didn't tell us whether you bought the complete or frame set.

you should also know that there are multiple models of the langster from different years and are of different qualities. so which on did you "discover?"

all said, i believe the pre-cursa to be superior in terms of bang for the buck. i'm sure you will be happy with it.

what are you using the bike for? track? street? commuting?
Good to hear from a Pre Cursa owner.

I have ordered a complete bike, with the Navigator Pista wheels, and the Apina fork.

I have been looking at the 2013 model of the Langster.

I use it ONLY for racing. I have a Fuji for commuting.
Old 06-09-13, 12:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know what you mean, yeah. :-)
Old 06-09-13, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The actual comparison is the Dolan pre Cursa vs the Specialized Langster Pro. The Pre Cursa is miles ahead of the standard Langster.

If you are comparing the PC to the LP, then it is much much tighter, and comes down to a few things. Nicer fork and more sprint geo on the dolan versus nicer cranks on the specialized(assuming you didn't sprin for the 75s). The specialized also has much nicer wheels.
Old 06-09-13, 02:51 PM
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Keep the Dolan. The pre corsa is a much superior frame when compared to the langster. For starters, you get a frame with geometry that wasn't designed by a lunatic aiming for maximum comfort.
Old 06-09-13, 02:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kayce
The actual comparison is the Dolan pre Cursa vs the Specialized Langster Pro. The Pre Cursa is miles ahead of the standard Langster.

If you are comparing the PC to the LP, then it is much much tighter, and comes down to a few things. Nicer fork and more sprint geo on the dolan versus nicer cranks on the specialized(assuming you didn't sprin for the 75s). The specialized also has much nicer wheels.
Okay, that is nice to know. The price of the Langster is nearly the same as the PC.

The Langster Pro is a bit too expensive for me, so that is out of the question.

Thank you so much! :-)
Old 06-09-13, 03:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leukybear
Keep the Dolan. The pre corsa is a much superior frame when compared to the langster. For starters, you get a frame with geometry that wasn't designed by a lunatic aiming for maximum comfort.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 07-12-13, 12:48 PM

Bikes: Dolan Pre Cursa, Felt F15X

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As someone planning on building a pre cursa in the near future, this was great to hear. Thanks for the feedback errbody.
Old 07-12-13, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jesselash
As someone planning on building a pre cursa in the near future, this was great to hear. Thanks for the feedback errbody.
And as someone currently building it's also great to hear. Well, I did a lot of research so I have no question that the PC is the right bike for me and for my budget. My frameset is at the LBS as we speak having the headset, bb and crank installed and I'll pick it up tomorrow and finish the build myself. So, I'm sure you'll hear my first impressions tomorrow