Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Frame/Fork Pairing

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Frame/Fork Pairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 09:29 PM
two wheeled accomplice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just purchased a Fetish Cycles Obesssion frame and I intend to turn it into a fixie. I got the frame at a good price and I have no intentions of doing any serious mountainbiking on it. I would like to put a rigid fork on the frame but I am new to building so I am curious if anyone can tell me would a Kinesis Integra Carbon fork or a Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork work with this frame?

I realize this could be a pretty stupid question but as I said I am new to building up a bike.

Also, as a further question... is it safe to assume any 1 1/8 head-tubed fork will work?

Best,
Kaz

Last edited by Kazer; 04-22-05 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 09:38 PM
Cornucopia of Awesomeness

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you want to put a carbon road fork on a dirt jump bike? that's not going to work.

1. you need a fork designed for 26" wheels that will accomodate the type of brakes you're going to use.
2. If you want to go rigid, you'll need a fork that is "suspension corrected". otherwise you're going to end up dropping the front end of the bike waaaay down and messing up the handling. something like the surly instigator fork....
https://www.surlybikes.com/forks.html
Old 04-22-05, 09:39 PM
two wheeled accomplice

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah.

My main desire for having a rigid fork is for the reduced weight.

Also, I didn't want to draw a bunch of fire of opinion about what I should or should not do, but I don't intend to have any brakes on this bike.

What forks would you guys recommend I take a look at?

-Kaz