Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

60's Triumph 3 speed

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

60's Triumph 3 speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
60's Triumph 3 speed

I have a 3 speed ladies Triumph bicycle which I bought sometime in the 1960's. It has a number stamped on the post that is: 32-0422 (what does this # represent)?. Originally it was a 3 speed with both coaster & hand brakes. Through the years the coaster brake was elimininated. It still has the originial blue fenders, chain guard and seat. It is stamped Triumph "Made in Notingham England".

I no longer want this bike & am planning on selling it. Is there any value to it?
Old 05-05-05, 12:16 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not really. Someone might buy it for $20-$40, but it isn't "collectible" in the ordinary sense of the word. If it was a men's model it would be worth probably double. Just keep it and ride it - you can't buy a new bike of that quality for less than $300.
Old 05-05-05, 06:24 PM
Banned.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I have a similar bike. It may not be worth much in monentary terms, but you cannot find a better new bicycle like these "oldies" are. Our society focuses on "new" and "how much," rather than function and enjoyment. I second in keeping this rare gem.
Old 05-06-05, 05:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is something about this old bike that makes me just want to keep it. It has been my bike for over 40 years and brings back a lot of good memories, like the seat I had on the back of it where I rode my children.

I recently bought a new bike, but it does not have the charm of this old one. Thanks for the advice - I am going to keep it.
Old 05-06-05, 08:04 AM
Out of breath again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunnygardener
There is something about this old bike that makes me just want to keep it. It has been my bike for over 40 years and brings back a lot of good memories, like the seat I had on the back of it where I rode my children.

I recently bought a new bike, but it does not have the charm of this old one. Thanks for the advice - I am going to keep it.
Good decision! Take a little time to clean and polish the old bike, then park it in a place of honor in your garage. You'll probably ride the new bike a lot more, but take your old friend out for a spin every now and then. You'll be glad you didn't let it go.