Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Top ten biker friendly cities?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Top ten biker friendly cities?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-00, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im looking to reloacte to a nice city , where mass transist is good and is a biker friendly, what are the top ten biker cities?
Old 12-20-00, 01:29 PM
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good question.

IIRC Bicycling mag has listed the top 25 cycling friendly cities in the world, only a few were in the states, but i'll try to find the info for ya and post it.
Old 12-22-00, 03:10 AM
Love Me....Love My Bike!

Bikes: Bikes: Giant hybrid, Trek 4500, Cannondale R800 Some commuting 20mi/day, mostly fitness riding - 20-50 mile rides

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've spent a couple of vacations biking around Vancouver, and parts of it are very bike friendly, they even have buttons controlling the traffic lights within arms reach of the curb lane for cyclists. Other routes, on regular city streets, but the bike lanes have the right of way, and the stop signs are for cars on the cross streets. In my hometown of Winnipeg, they close some of the streets on Sundays and holidays for bikes, roller blades etc. It's a start anyway.
Old 12-29-00, 12:56 PM
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nope

Well, i spent a hours looking at all my cycling magazines to find that artical listed above, but i couldnt find it. I havent traveled alot with my bike, so i cant really name any good cycling cities, maybe some people here can rate there own city, or any they know of.

For a start, i bike alot in the salt lake city area, and have to say that i have never really had a good ride in the city, i just dont trust any drivers, there are no bike lanes that i know of, and i have been told by the police twice to ride on the sidewalk!
Old 12-30-00, 05:57 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Town!!!

I live in Victoria BC, it's small enough that it's not crowded, but big enough u can usually find something to do.....the town is very accessable and very scenic if u're into that.....u can also find many things to rides off of, etc. because the town tries to stay as quiet as possible and keep the nature thriving so to skeak, the Uviversity of Victoria is a place I recommend visiting at least once for those BMX and TRIALS riders.....