Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me identify this Cervelo?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-16, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's for sale near me and I just can't seem to place an exact year or color scheme on it. The closest I have come to figuring it out is that it could be a 2008 Cervelo P2C; however, this particular one for sale just has normal road bike handlebars, as opposed to the triathlon ones. It also has a red fork in the front, whereas Google images only came up with pictures of mid-2000's P2Cs that had forks that matched the rest of the blue-black paint scheme.

Could this be a Frankenstein-ed Cervelo? The seller is asking $700 OBO, so I'm also wondering if that is a good deal or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Btw, I'm new to the forums, so I'm hoping I posted this in the right place. If not, I'm apologize and would welcome friendly guidance on where I should have posted it.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cervelo.jpg (45.2 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by fenwaymoose; 06-20-16 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 06-20-16, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
You're right about the P2. It's either a 2007 or 2008. The fork is definately not stock. The bike came with a Wolf (True Temper) that was recalled. Cervello replaced it with a 3T but it should be black.

It's a small size frame and the previous owner looked like they tried to compensate for it being too small with all the spacers. Also the bike came with tri/TT bars and not that road setup.

About the price. $700 isn't bad but you are buying close to a ten year old CF frame you know nothing about. Have it inspected closely
Old 06-20-16, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes it does look like a 2007 P2C, I have an older Cervelo that had the Wolf fork that was recalled and there was a time when Cervelo was sending whatever forks they had in stock regardless of color- may have happened here. Price might be a bit high for a bike that old, big question is do you really want a Tri/TT bike set up as a road bike? Two totally different geometries...
Old 06-22-16, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
You're right about the P2. It's either a 2007 or 2008. The fork is definately not stock. The bike came with a Wolf (True Temper) that was recalled. Cervello replaced it with a 3T but it should be black.

It's a small size frame and the previous owner looked like they tried to compensate for it being too small with all the spacers. Also the bike came with tri/TT bars and not that road setup.

About the price. $700 isn't bad but you are buying close to a ten year old CF frame you know nothing about. Have it inspected closely
Thank you for the reply! Lots of good info I did not know there, especially about the recall. I think for the time being, I will keep it bookmarked to keep tabs on any potential price drops. With what you just stated, I am definitely less interested. I'll put my money towards something newer and more original. Thanks again!