Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with Fezzari Road Bikes?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-05, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am interested in a recreational road bike, for riding about 20-40 miles per week. Fezzari has a bike called the Catania. This bike has a good set of components, Shimano 105, comparable to a Trek 2100, and is being sold by Costco. I think the crank is a FSA Gossamer MegaExo with oversize external cartridge bearings (integrated), heavy duty. Is this a good component? I am not familiar with FSA. The price is $995 at Costco, MSRP is $1350. If anyone has experience or knowledge of Fezzari, please respond. thanks.
Old 05-21-05, 09:17 PM
Zippy Engineer

Bikes: Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fexarri is Costco's house brand, much like the other mail order and big box places that set up some Italizan-sounding name for their house stuff.
A company that has a house brand is offering a discount off the "MSRP" [i/]they[/i] set in the first place. Haven't seen that scam before. cough*bikesdirect.com*cough.
Old 05-21-05, 09:21 PM
Out of breath again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you search the Forums, you'll find this four-page thread from two weeks ago:

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...hlight=Fezzari
Old 05-21-05, 09:23 PM
CAT6 UTP 568B

Bikes: 2005 Allez Elite

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
"Fezzari" (stupid name, in my opinion) are Merida bikes with a different sticker on them:

https://www.merida.com.tw/bike-sample...C%FC%A8%AE%A8t

Site root: https://www.merida.com.tw
Old 05-21-05, 09:24 PM
Campy or bust :p

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey commuter build

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
as far as the crankset goes, FSA makes great stuff and that's a really good crankset. It's actually the crankset I bought to go on my new bike I'm building. I've heard plenty of good stuff about the MegaExo stuff from FSA.
Old 05-21-05, 10:48 PM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
There are better bikes to be had for that price, and don't buy from Costco, go to your LBS.
Old 05-22-05, 08:32 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Costco will accept returns, even after months have passed. What LBS will do that? I'm a big fan of Costco, though I did not buy a bike from there. Reason is, I bought one from REI before I found out about the Fezzari deal.
Old 05-22-05, 09:03 AM

Bikes: Surley LHT, Cannondale R1000, IBEX Ignition, Bianchi Boardwalk, KHS Milano Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No offense, and I have nothing against Costco, but here is a few comments:

Originally Posted by cantdrv55
Costco will accept returns, even after months have passed. .
Mostly for unused items only. Used items are accepted within a reasonable amount of time (that's days, maybe a couple of weeks not months) and explanation on why product was not satisfactory. I don't think they will take it back at the end of the summer for a full refund. Ask or read the fine prints
Originally Posted by cantdrv55
What LBS will do that? .
. Well a lot actually do this within a limited time period of let's say thirty days which is reasonable.
Most LBS will fit your bike and give you option to swap or upgrade components for no charge or upgrade charge. Costco do not have the ability to do that.
Do Costco offer free tune-ups at thirty days and within first year as most LBS do. Some even offer life-time tune-up for the time you own the bike, consider that!

Originally Posted by cantdrfree v55
I'm a big fan of Costco, though I did not buy a bike from there. Reason is, I bought one from REI before I found out about the Fezzari deal.
And you were right, REI is a better place to buy a bike than Costco. Last week-end they had a 20% sale which means you could have bought for example a Cannondale R700 or a Specialized Allez for less than this Ferrazzi.

Honestly, this Ferrazzi at $1,000 with very limited after sale service, probably no professional fitting and tuning is not such a great deal. $500 would more sound like a Costco price IMO.
Old 05-22-05, 10:55 AM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
If the only reason you are buying the bike is for the return policy, that means somewhere down the line you are planning to return it. Which means you have no idea what you want in a bike.

You need to figure this out first.
Old 05-22-05, 04:04 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the other reason I bought my bike from REI is because of the sale.
Old 12-26-09, 09:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmm. very interesting, there is a different angle on fezzari. this is a different angle from the other thread "any fezzari bicycle opinions out there?".

I'm interested in seeing the ultimate humble "ford" of commuter bikes. A mass produced fine bicycle for lucky commuters.

lets face it, riding a bicycle is a health promoting thing to do. that's a good thing, more good would be good. better bicycle more people bicycling would be good

Last edited by enlightened; 12-26-09 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-26-09, 09:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmm. I looked into it, the whole Merida line looks so very much like the Fezzari line, exact same designs as Fezzari one end to the other. nice stuff. no ideal commuter bike there either.
Old 12-28-09, 09:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, I'm an ass. I have no idea about the fezarri Catania. I don't dig road bikes.
Old 12-28-09, 10:07 PM
member. heh.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enlightened
Hmmm. very interesting, there is a different angle on fezzari. this is a different angle from the other thread "any fezzari bicycle opinions out there?".

I'm interested in seeing the ultimate humble "ford" of commuter bikes. A mass produced fine bicycle for lucky commuters.

lets face it, riding a bicycle is a health promoting thing to do. that's a good thing, more good would be good. better bicycle more people bicycling would be good
Hmmm. I looked into it, the whole Merida line looks so very much like the Fezzari line, exact same designs as Fezzari one end to the other. nice stuff. no ideal commuter bike there either.
OK, I'm an ass. I have no idea about the fezarri Catania. I don't dig road bikes.
Good bump of a 4.5 year old thread and good posts. I like your BikeForums Posting Style(tm).
Old 12-28-09, 10:29 PM
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Touche
Old 12-28-09, 10:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks boys
Old 12-28-09, 10:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I mean thanks lambo, I wouldn't want to touche one of those.
Old 04-06-10, 05:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey I just wanted to let you all know of my recent purchase of the Fezzari CR5. I did my taxes early and bought me a new bike with the tax return. I absolutely love my CR5! It is by far the best bike I have been on. It is extremely stiff side to side and makes the rumble strips I have to ride on occasionally non-existant. I did a good amount of research about the company and bikes in general. The company is no longer in Costco which says to me that they are growing. They now have 19 different models of bikes (according to website), which puts them up there. After I bought my CR5 I was at Borders looking through the bike magazines and noticed that ROAD magazine did a review of the CR5 in the April issue. They loved the bike. It looks like Fezzari is growing and they are here to stay. Bottom line I love my CR5 and would highly recommend it! I am riding more than I ever had because my new bike is so much fun, and isn't that why we are reading and posting on this forum, because we love bikes?
Old 04-06-10, 05:15 PM
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tcwashers
Hey I just wanted to let you all know of my recent purchase of the Fezzari CR5. I did my taxes early and bought me a new bike with the tax return. I absolutely love my CR5! It is by far the best bike I have been on. It is extremely stiff side to side and makes the rumble strips I have to ride on occasionally non-existant. I did a good amount of research about the company and bikes in general. The company is no longer in Costco which says to me that they are growing. They now have 19 different models of bikes (according to website), which puts them up there. After I bought my CR5 I was at Borders looking through the bike magazines and noticed that ROAD magazine did a review of the CR5 in the April issue. They loved the bike. It looks like Fezzari is growing and they are here to stay. Bottom line I love my CR5 and would highly recommend it! I am riding more than I ever had because my new bike is so much fun, and isn't that why we are reading and posting on this forum, because we love bikes?
Worthless without a pic. A proper garage door... drive side and so forth. I'd like to see your new toy.
Old 05-04-10, 04:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kyakdiver
Worthless without a pic. A proper garage door... drive side and so forth. I'd like to see your new toy.
Here's the new toy in front of the waterfall I pass on my usual after work ride. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0519..jpg (105.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-04-10, 05:34 PM
una carrera contrarreloj

Bikes: Venge, Tarmac, Cervelo P2

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

When I see the name of the bike... I can't help but think of this dude.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
fez7em..gif (73.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Matt2.8NJ; 05-04-10 at 06:31 PM.