Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings From Prattville, Al.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am 45, was once a avid rider, then grew up,got married, kids, the normal routine. Now I have rediscovered the joy of riding. So, for Christmas I got a Gary Fisher Mountain Bike, and am fixing up my old Shogun Samurai road bike. It's not a great road bike, but it is the first bike that I ever rode on a century, and back in it's day (and mine) I could ride it fast...

Recovering from a broken collar bone and 3 ribs from a mountain bike wreck 9 weeks ago... but am back in the saddle, looking to make up for lost time! So, 3 cheers for old riders!

Jim
Old 06-03-05, 04:12 AM

Bikes: Lemond Buenos Aries, Gary Fisher Tassajara, Trek 4500, plus many more

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jim, I don't know how to break the news, but 45 does not qualify you as an old rider. Maybe experienced, but not old. Since you are from L.A. (Lower Alabama) have you tried some of the rides such as on the Columbus Riverwalk or the CVR Trail in Alabama not far from Columbus? Or, how about up in Anniston on the Chief Ladiga?
Old 06-03-05, 05:15 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome to Bike Forums.
Good luck with getting the Shogun Samurai tuned up for riding.

Originally Posted by JRobert
So, 3 cheers for old riders!
As jabike said, you're not old!! I'm 60 and I'm not old.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 06-03-05, 09:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OH, I love you guys! I am feeling better and better on the bike all of the time... I am hoping to do a century ride in the fall... and am studying how I might begin commuting to work.

I have a good friend who is a cat 4 racer, and he's 47, so you're right, the age thing is not "real"!

The mountain bike really challenges me, I love the trail riding, riding firebreaks here in the south, and all of the nasty hills that I encounter along the way. The wreck took some steam out of me, but I am almost back to my pre-wreck conditioning level, and am ready to move on now to some serious conditioning (I need it).

Pax!