Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Cycling novice. I'm in Los Angeles & want to start riding for leisure/exercise. More

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Cycling novice. I'm in Los Angeles & want to start riding for leisure/exercise. More

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-17, 06:30 PM

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I agree with Yan that you got a good deal...but...if it will drive you nuts to see the scratches and dings because you feel the seller wasn't honest with you, then I would at least contact him and express your disappointment. See if he owns up to it and makes an offer of consideration. Leave your feedback after.
If you can let it go, then just move on and enjoy your time riding.
Old 08-01-17, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I believe a lot of bikes not just folders get bought and then never used. As long as it it well packed to ship to you---i hope they take off the derailleur, about the only thing likely to get bent in shipping----you should be in great shape.

Enjoy.
Old 08-01-17, 06:57 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I am a top rated ebay seller---zbikenut---we ship about 1500 items a month.

Totally unacceptable.---I would email the seller with just the pictures in the shipping bag. I would say " I am totally disappointed that this bike with just 3 rides is beat to sh*t" I would expect at least a $50 refund from the seller----If he blows you off show the pictures to Ebay customer support....

I would not mention that you have already decided to keep the bike and had it assembled.

Ebay customer support will be all over the dufus that sold it to you.

Go for $50 but you should at least get what the dufus would pay for the return shipping.

Good Luck.

Finger nail polish and reflective tape can really make your new bike look better.

If you had paid $150 for the bike the beating it has taken would be OK----35% off retail? it should be brand new looking.
Old 08-01-17, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks @Rick Imby for your feedback. Also @downtube and @linberl.

@Rick Imby, I contacted the seller with pictures and a description of what happened prior to receiving feedback here. I did mention to the seller that the bike shop said structurally things look okay and for that reason I was still interested in keeping the bike. The seller admitted to "not thinking" about wrapping/protecting the individual pieces and says the post office really must have tossed the package around by looking at the current pictures. At any rate, the seller apologized and asked me to suggest a $ amount for potential compensation since I was talking about a price adjustment.

If I had paid $150 total that would be like a $200 reduction, which I think is too much to ask for. I think getting $50-75 back is pretty reasonable given that I would have had serious second thoughts about making a bid at all (as opposed to purchasing a different Downtube bike brand new from Yan directly).

Last edited by abl292; 08-01-17 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-01-17, 10:38 PM

I have to say it has restored my faith in humanity a bit that the seller owned up here and didn't just try to blow you off. I think your $50-75 adjustment is very reasonable. 3m tape isn't cheap and neither is good quality touch up paint. Now, get out there and ride the thing, lol! Let us know if you are hooked on folders and if this one meets your needs.
Old 08-07-17, 12:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No pics yet, but I got two rides in this weekend and had a lot of fun! Maybe 3-4 miles on Friday and about 8 miles yesterday. Felt good to just get out and ride, although the sit bone (aka sitz bone) pain was definitely uncomfortable.

I know some of it is just part of the normal break-in period; however, I may need to do some investigating as far as tipping the saddle forward/back and possibly trying a wider saddle altogether. Going to re-read some threads here as well.
Old 08-07-17, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by impact1400
No pics yet, but I got two rides in this weekend and had a lot of fun! Maybe 3-4 miles on Friday and about 8 miles yesterday. Felt good to just get out and ride, although the sit bone (aka sitz bone) pain was definitely uncomfortable.

I know some of it is just part of the normal break-in period; however, I may need to do some investigating as far as tipping the saddle forward/back and possibly trying a wider saddle altogether. Going to re-read some threads here as well.
You can easily check your saddle size - get a piece of corrugated cardboard, cut it out of a box if you have to, and set it on a cement step. Sit on it. Circle the two detent imprints, and mark the approximate center of each. Measure that distance....probably between 12 and 15mm if you are average. That is the size of saddle you need to accommodate your sit bones. Compare that to the width of the saddle you are using.

Now fore/aft just takes tweaking and trial and error.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
Old 08-07-17, 11:34 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I have to say it has restored my faith in humanity a bit that the seller owned up here and didn't just try to blow you off. I think your $50-75 adjustment is very reasonable. 3m tape isn't cheap and neither is good quality touch up paint. Now, get out there and ride the thing, lol! Let us know if you are hooked on folders and if this one meets your needs.
Limber Ebay has done an awesome job of raising vendors to a higher standard. If the seller is Top rated they will do a much faster job of shipping than Amazon---and will be very responsive to issues if you bring them up.

Ebay customer support is head and shoulders above what it was just a few years ago.

My stuff on ebay
Old 08-13-17, 06:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Photos of the 9FS and some beautiful scenery: album
Old 08-13-17, 11:07 PM

Nice pix. How are you enjoying the ride? Yellow color is pretty sweet, btw.