Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Best Street shoes for toe clips and straps?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 03:09 PM

Bikes: 2006 Orbea Volata, 84 Trek 760, 83 Trek 720,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been looking for a good street shoe to use with my toe clips and straps. I've got mountain bike shoes but I know that won't work and as far as going clipless, well I never have ridden clipless. I know I need something with a rigid sole but don't know if buying a road shoe is the answer. Let me know what kind of shoes you wear. I had someone in another forum suggest Palladium Reposals. Kind of gummy bottom . Thanks.
Old 06-15-05, 03:18 PM

Bikes: De Rosa Corum, custom Kalavinka, Bianchi RC Pista, Cannondale MT Track, Workcycles Gr8

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are some huge threads on this. Here is one: https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/83309-shoes-clips.html
Old 06-15-05, 03:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeaaaaaah....
Old 06-15-05, 03:27 PM
LV 99 9999HP/9999MP

Bikes: crappy fake bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use adidas sambas because they dont look totally ******** and also have a flat small sole. I tried riding with new balances but the tread would get caught on my pedal and made me annoyed. Ideally I would like something with a stiffer sole to provide better power transfer, but the adidas are fine until I find them. I suppose I would recommend any indoor soccer shoe. I personally am not a fan of cycling shoes because they all seem to suck for walking and running around. What are you going to do when you are trying to escape from a gang of ninjas and you need to jump off your bike and climb a wall? Yes, that's right, you are going to die because of your fancy cycling shoes that suck for running.

If anyone knows of shoes with a really stiff sole (not boots) or a cycling shoe which is also good for street use please tell.
Old 06-15-05, 04:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erich Zann
I use adidas sambas because they dont look totally ******** and also have a flat small sole. I tried riding with new balances but the tread would get caught on my pedal and made me annoyed. Ideally I would like something with a stiffer sole to provide better power transfer, but the adidas are fine until I find them. I suppose I would recommend any indoor soccer shoe. I personally am not a fan of cycling shoes because they all seem to suck for walking and running around. What are you going to do when you are trying to escape from a gang of ninjas and you need to jump off your bike and climb a wall? Yes, that's right, you are going to die because of your fancy cycling shoes that suck for running.

If anyone knows of shoes with a really stiff sole (not boots) or a cycling shoe which is also good for street use please tell.

I actually almost got mugged by a crackhead the other night at like 48th and a few blocks north of Aspen. because he ran infront of me, so i had to unclip, but couldnt get clipped in quick enough to dodge him and ride away.