Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

knickers

Old 06-19-05, 01:10 AM
MY BICYCLE IS MY CAR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
knickers

hi all. i know this has been discussed before in other threads but they're all kinda old. i'm tired of cutting my pants off to make cycling knickers. can anyone recommend a ggod pair. i know that hypnotic designs has an awesome pair but they're $140. climbing knickers look like the best bet. sickle, patagonia etc.. oh, and i heard that swobo will be back in the bike clothing biz this july. any recomendations would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-05, 09:34 AM
Geosynchronous Falconeer

Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Rush Hour, Campy Habanero Team Ti, Soma Double Cross

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use basketball shorts. (I wear lycra when I'm riding with the roadies) Some of them are practially long enough to be knickers anyway. The won't give the same messenger-style street cred, but my style is no style anyway.
Old 06-20-05, 04:08 PM
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
I hear the Prana knickers are nice. As for the Hypnotic Designs pants, while I admittedly want a pair, I've heard of durability issues, particularly with the stitching. What I can wholeheartedly recommend are the Under The Weather knickers. They cost about as much as the Hypnotic Designs pants, but are superbly made and fantastic for riding in.
Old 06-20-05, 05:10 PM
MY BICYCLE IS MY CAR!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
its not so much that i want messenger street cred. i just dont wear shorts, vever have. they're just not comfortable. but knickers and 3/4 pants are very comfortable and practical for biking
Old 06-20-05, 09:56 PM
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Screw street cred - knickers are just the most comfortable pants there are! I wear them pretty much any time I'm not at work.
Old 06-21-05, 01:51 AM

Bikes: .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You know what can be good, are the cargos that are made to convert into shorts, they have a zipper just above the knee and you can unzip the lower part, those fit pretty well since they're meant to work as long pants too, and you can get them at sportmart for like $20.
Old 06-21-05, 09:58 AM
Geosynchronous Falconeer

Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Rush Hour, Campy Habanero Team Ti, Soma Double Cross

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fugazi Dave
Screw street cred - knickers are just the most comfortable pants there are! I wear them pretty much any time I'm not at work.
I feel the same way about basketball shorts.

uh, oh yeah, except they're not pants.
Old 06-22-05, 03:07 PM
MY BICYCLE IS MY CAR!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i've never been comfortablw ith my knees exposed. i love my legs, shorts just dont feel good. and i agree with fugazi dave, whenever i'm not at work i'm in my cut off knickers. the problem with the cut off is that they keep fraying and last all of three months before they're unusable. since i cant sew to save my life i dont hem them. i'm thinking of going for the patagonia climbing knickers. but i'm poor so it'll have to wait. this makes me think that it might be a good idea for someone to start a company for affordable cycle clothing of the non roadie variety. knickers, jackets, etc.. clothing that works on and off the bike. if i could find a pair of black leather shoes with a stiff enough sole i'd be in heaven. i dont know why, but i hate changing shoes.