Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Calling all Fuji Owners

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Calling all Fuji Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 11:42 PM
elite

Bikes: track, road, cross, fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aren't fujis frames the same as those on bikes direct bikes? or at least bikes direct tubing stuff?
i have an o5 track pro
Old 11-23-06, 09:23 AM
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Some yes, some no. Some of them come from the Kinesis factory.
Old 11-23-06, 09:25 AM
It is fantastic.

Bikes: 05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's funny that some people consider Fuji to be a BD knockoff now.
Old 11-23-06, 09:55 AM
Race to train

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cslone
Yeah, but in 2002, when the SL first came around, it was 15.8lbs STOCK. That was probably unheard of at that pricepoint. Even up through 05 which was the last year for the Aluminum SL, it was 15lbs(with Ultegra) which is still very respectable. I've got it with Record derailleurs and Chorus shifters, a 1410 gram wheelset and soon to get a 1350g set of carbon tubulars. Any way you slice it a sub 15lbs bike is still damn light for any amateur.
please dont think I was knocking the SL, I am very happy with mine. This is why I had a 04, have an 05 and going to be getting the sl1s. I mearly was commenting that the superlight package was the culmination of the components not the frame.
Old 11-23-06, 10:15 AM
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh, no, I responded to you, but wasn't really "responding" per se.......I wasn't getting pissy or anything. I agree it is mainly the components. I still don't understand why they didn't go top of the line though if they wanted "Super Light", i.e. Record or DA.
Old 11-23-06, 10:18 AM
elitist jerk

Bikes: CAAD9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cslone
Yeah, but in 2002, when the SL first came around, it was 15.8lbs STOCK. That was probably unheard of at that pricepoint. Even up through 05 which was the last year for the Aluminum SL, it was 15lbs(with Ultegra) which is still very respectable. I've got it with Record derailleurs and Chorus shifters, a 1410 gram wheelset and soon to get a 1350g set of carbon tubulars. Any way you slice it a sub 15lbs bike is still damn light for any amateur.
Stein has a naked alum 56 Sl on the rack right now. He told me last week he's working to get some leftover 06 Fuji stuff and sub 2k Dura Ace. If I didn't have the Litespeed I would've bought that SL and re-wheeled it.
Old 11-23-06, 10:27 AM
Quarq shill

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, I called and asked him to find me a newer SL a few months back. He ended up finding that orange and blue 02 SL he has hanging in the window and trying to get me to buy it. He wanted an arm and a leg for it though. I ended up trading the 54 I bought here for a brand new 56 though, so it all worked out in the end. With Record, I should be under 15 lbs. I'll rde down there and show him up.
Old 12-01-06, 07:16 AM

Bikes: Specialized Allez Road Bike, Bike Friday Folding Bike, Specialized Hardrock Mountain Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Ride

I just bought a 2006 Roubaix RC and took my first ride yesterday. The RC is aluminum with wishbone-shaped carbon seat stays and Ultegra components. The listed weight is 17.4 pounds for a typical bike, and mine weighs a little less because it is 49 cm. It cost only $1350 because it is a year-end closeout.

I rode about 27 miles with a few steep hills and I was quite pleased with the smooth ride compared to my all-aluminum 2000 Specialized Allez. The bike seemed to cut right through the 10-20 mph wind and the light weight made it easy to climb hills. The only disapointing feature on the bike is the seat (maybe it will imporve with age).
Old 12-13-06, 07:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbcNewYork
I just bought a 2006 Roubaix RC and took my first ride yesterday. The RC is aluminum with wishbone-shaped carbon seat stays and Ultegra components. The listed weight is 17.4 pounds for a typical bike, and mine weighs a little less because it is 49 cm. It cost only $1350 because it is a year-end closeout.
(I joined recently to do some research regarding my first bike).

Anyway, I just bought a 2006 Fuji Team V2 bike. Performance Bicycle was clearing them out for 1299.00 (retail 2K). But, I just bought one online, brand new, unridden (from an out of state bike shop) for just under 1000.00 including shipping. This is my first rode bike and was sure to test ride a bunch of different ones before selecting this one. The Team V2 has a carbon frame and Ultegra and 105 components. I think I paid a pretty good price and selected a good bike. Of course, cycling is not my area of "expertise", and perhaps I made a horrible decision. But, based on my research and test rides, I think the Fuji Team was a good way to go.
Old 12-16-06, 03:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you enjoy that great bike...the low weight probably will
have the bike constitute a real cool ride.

However, from my experience, the key to a bike, is proper sizing,
great components, great assembly and adjustment at the LBS.

Steel, aluminum or carbon, makes no difference, so long as the
"feel" of the bike is number 1 .....
Old 01-06-07, 09:26 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some new replacement parts on my very old Fuji. Some very old replacement parts on my very old Fuji. Mostly original old parts on my very old Fuji. Can you tell which are which? Extra credit if anyone can ID the brake pads, which were a major upgrade 20+ years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fuji 1.jpg (66.4 KB, 122 views)
Fuji Der.jpg (65.6 KB, 70 views)
Fuji Bio.jpg (77.5 KB, 72 views)
Fuji Campy.jpg (56.3 KB, 64 views)
Fuji DiaCompe.jpg (56.4 KB, 83 views)
Fuji Quad Butt.jpg (38.8 KB, 75 views)
Fuji Japan.jpg (37.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-11-07, 05:28 PM
plucky russian.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The team I'm on is sponsored by Fuji and we get pretty hefty discounts on bikes. I'm really tempted to get a new bike since the price is hard to beat. I'm thinking about one of the Roubaix's but the discount on something like a Team RC would be at the high end of justifiable in my book. For some reason carbon has always scared me and the more I think about it my $$ probably would be better spent by buying good food instead of having to live on Ramen (not that I do).

This is my first post in the road forum in a long time ... so anyway, hello all. Perhaps I'll see some of you at the Parkside Crit in WI in early March.
Old 01-11-07, 05:49 PM
It is fantastic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by salome
The team I'm on is sponsored by Fuji and we get pretty hefty discounts on bikes. I'm really tempted to get a new bike since the price is hard to beat. I'm thinking about one of the Roubaix's but the discount on something like a Team RC would be at the high end of justifiable in my book. For some reason carbon has always scared me and the more I think about it my $$ probably would be better spent by buying good food instead of having to live on Ramen (not that I do).

This is my first post in the road forum in a long time ... so anyway, hello all. Perhaps I'll see some of you at the Parkside Crit in WI in early March.
You could always go with the Team Pro.
Old 01-11-07, 06:04 PM
911TurboS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I just bought a 2006 Fuji Roubaix SL. It is an awesome bike, its also my first road bike so I can't say how it compares to others. But I know it is one of the lightest bikes in the $2,500 range (I paid $1,195) at only 15.5lbs, has a carbon monocoque front fork and crank, all Ultegra components, aluminium frame, the only thing that needs to be upgraded is the brakes, but I don't use those anyway!

go to this link to see the full specs ---> https://www.fujibikes.com/2006/bikes.asp?id=125

Old 01-11-07, 06:09 PM
plucky russian.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by voltman
You could always go with the Team Pro.
Good point. Ugh. Well I'll talk to my bike guru and let you know what I decide. Orders have to be in by Tuesday.
Old 01-11-07, 07:13 PM

Bikes: '06 Fuji Team Pro, '07 Soma Smoothie ES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 for the Team Pro (very biased opinion). Huge value, especially with a discount. Good frame, Ultegra or better components, and growing street cred as (lower budget version of) the Toyota United team bike this year.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-12-07, 12:26 PM

Bikes: 2011 Tsunami, 2004 Fuji Team Issue and More!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hmmmm, I may have to post an updated photo of mine .
Old 01-25-07, 09:03 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 79-ish Fuji S10-S:

I'm the original owner as this was a graduation present from the folks.
This pic is a few months old and there have been a few minor changes (most notably, bar tape).
It has original FD and RD (Suntour VG-X), Rear center pull brake and levers (Dia-Compe), BB, crank, headset, stem and Nitto bars. The front brake is a Weinmann side pull from that period that I replaced shortly after getting this bike to increase braking power. The wheels and tires are new in 2006. Wheels are 27" Quando hub-Sun rims from Harris with Shimano 6-spd. freewheel. The original saddle (Belt) was not cared for and dried out. I'll eventually get a Brooks to replace it.
Old 01-25-07, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Curious as to anyone with a 58cm Team, Team Issue, RC, or Pro...

how tall are you?

I'm looking at a getting a new Fuji Team Issue...but am sort of between the 58cm and 61. I am 6'1 (185cm)

Thanks!
Old 01-25-07, 10:29 AM
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked 3,563 Times in 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by Coppi51

how tall are you?

I'm looking at a getting a new Fuji Team Issue...but am sort of between the 58cm and 61. I am 6'1 (185cm)
I'm 5'11" (180 cm) and went with the 56 Team SL instead of the 58. My seatpost is near it's maximum height, and my stem is flipped upwards (I know, gasp!). I have a 2.5" drop from saddle to handlebars, which feels very comfortable for climbing. I could have gone with the 58 (my other bike is a 60 cm Klein--non-compact frame), but I would have needed a short stem to make it fit.

I should mention that I have long limbs (88 cm inseam) and a short torso, so I ride a shorter top tube than most.

Old 01-25-07, 12:48 PM
The cake is a lie!

Bikes: 2006 Fuji Team Pro

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coppi51

how tall are you?

Thanks!
I've got a 58cm Team Pro. I am 5'11"-6'0" (depending on how compressed my spine is at the time). My stem is non-OCP, as well. Seat post is less than half way out.
Old 01-25-07, 01:22 PM

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the input guys...reason I ask is our team may have a deal on some bikes this season...

currently riding a Trek 5900
60cm, 58cm TT, no setback post, 120mm stem...(stock HT is 159mm)

The Fuji 58cm, has 56.5cm TT, and I would probably use a 130mm stem, setback post...(stock HT is 169mm)

hmmmmmm
Old 04-19-07, 10:59 AM
It is fantastic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With all the new Team Issue builds around, I'm bumping this for pics.
Old 04-19-07, 02:07 PM

Bikes: 2011 Tsunami, 2004 Fuji Team Issue and More!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good call, I've been needing to repost mine as it's changed so much since the original pic .
Old 04-19-07, 02:14 PM
Guadzilla

Bikes: Pinarello F4:13 W/Campy Reecord & Blue RC6 W/SRAM Force

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Ive actually changed the bike over to a white saddle with white bar tape but I dont have any photos of the white tape.

More photos here!

There's some photos of Wolfpack's Team RC there as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.