Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Noob here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 07:07 AM
CPW

Bikes: Kona Kikapu Deluxe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Noob here.

Haven't been cycling much since I sold my Univega Touring Bike in '89.
Recently purchased a Kona Kikapu Deluxe to try and get in shape a bit more. I've lost 30 lbs since Jan but have stalled at 170 lbs and am hoping to make more progress though some activity that might prove fun as well.
I'm also hoping to get another road bike but the budget is still trying to recover from the MTB and associated purchases.
I may buy another touring bike though 4 yr old daughter makes the prospect of an actual tour remote- still, one can dream. At the very least, a commuter/trainer bike for those times that the trails aren't practical.
Basically came here looking for info on touring bikes. Signed up on a headphone forum last year: $20k in new stereo equipment later...
C ya,
CPW
Old 06-21-05, 07:45 AM
slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Road Sport, peugeot UO-10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't worry about the weight. I've decided we lose weight in stages, or rather we move to a weight Plateau. Takes a little extra effort to move down to the next plateau.

I figure it all comes from our caveman days. Our bodies limit weight loss in order to get us through a time of no buffalo.