Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Confusion reigns supreme!

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Confusion reigns supreme!

Old 06-21-05, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in my 60's and have just taken up biking. I'm fascinated by the wide variety of folding bikes, and am having a lot of trouble deciding which I should purchase. While the Dahons seem very atractive they are not easily availabe in my town in Ontario, so although I could order on line, I would not be able to do comparative shopping, and try them out. The only one I have been able to try and which is available in a local shop is a 6 speed Trek 200! I have just bought a Giant comfort bike, very nice to ride, but heavy for me to lift onto a bike rack, or to juggle into the back seat of my car. I've also read that the 20" wheel may be ridden on the sidewalk,and for safty purposes this is very appealing. I would like a good quality bike, but don't want to "pay though the nose" for features which would be irrelavant to me.
I would have to order a Dahon on line, and be subject to duty -----and could I be sure it would arrive undamaged! I understand that Trek is made by Dahon!
Any suggestions as to what I should look for in order to obtain a reasonably comfortable ride?
Old 06-22-05, 05:39 PM
ride like theres not 2mrw

Bikes: Trek Bruiser 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, for comfort, folding bikes are not the way to go, as they are fairly heavy and don't offer some of the features a regular bike would have. I would suggest sticking with a non-folding one, unless you REALLY need a folding bike.
Old 06-23-05, 07:49 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome Margarita.

I'm 60 and would suggest you look at Ti or CF for a comfortable ride.
My road bike (see below) is Ti and I it.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 06-23-05, 11:27 AM
"I'm BENT!"

Bikes: Specialized Expedition,Specialized Crossroads,Rans Rocket

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello Margarita,
If you want a truly natural and completley comfortable bike that will last you a lifetime...look at www.rans.com ....either the "wave" or the "tailwind" are very easy to ride and feel as though you are sitting at home in your recliner instead of out on a bike. I have the "rocket" short wheelbase and love it. You will not regret the money you spend...promise!
Ed
Tulsa, OK.