Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Bar ends on a recumbent.

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Bar ends on a recumbent.

Old 07-14-02, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bar ends on a recumbent.

Anyone ever hear of or even put bar ends on a recumbent handle bars? Talking about over seat steering only of course. Been thinking about trying it myself.

I know there is no pressure on the hands and they don't go numb when riding a recumbent but sometimes it gets kind of boring having my hands in one place all the time.

Heck maybe bar ends will make a diferance when climbing hills. We all know 'bent riders are at somewhat of a disadvantage when climbing anyway. If I were to try this though should I have the bar ends angled like they would be on a mtn bike or in a more vertical position? I don't think it is a good idea to raise your hands to far above your heart is it?

Does anyone else use bar ends on their 'bent. Or has anyone ever tried it then decided it was not a good idea?

Suggestions, comments please.
Old 07-27-02, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You might just be on to something here.They might help in hill climing when sitting forward.I believe that with the bike E there is a different handle bar stem which brings you forward ,and helps you clime hills,its on this forum some where im sure.But may be with bar ends you could you could sit back on the flats and sit up and get more power on the hills.I some times put my hands on the top of my handle bars on my orbit crystal when climing hills.