Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Scored a Peugeot tonight

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Scored a Peugeot tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-05, 10:20 PM
cycling n00b

Bikes: EAI Brassknuckle fixed Sannino fixed, Thorn Club Tour, Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scored a Peugeot tonight

And well-priced, the guy let me have it for 38 €, plus shipping so it's not even affecting my economy = g/f not too upset about having another bike :-P

I was going to collect it in person, but just the train-ticked would have cost me 60€ and I would have had to sit on the train for an incredible 7 hours and 44 minutes.

And: the obligatory pic
Old 07-03-05, 11:54 PM
brain damaged bovine

Location: back on the dental floss ranch, wielding zircon encrusted tweezers

Bikes: Schwinn wrecked ol' Probe 1x2, 84 Bianchi Limited,Cannondale F400,Raleigh 20 folder,78 Schwinn LeTour III Fixed Gear,Redline Conquest Pro,71-73 Gitane TdF,Gitane Grand Sport de Luxe,78 Raleigh Super Course,80 Schwinn World Sport

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks like a beauty. I would have bought a one way ticket, taken some panniers with me and toured it back home, though. What better way to break it in? Trust like that would be well-rewarded, I'm sure
Old 07-04-05, 03:07 AM
cycling n00b

Bikes: EAI Brassknuckle fixed Sannino fixed, Thorn Club Tour, Soma Smoothie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That was what I was going to do, unfortunately the train travel would claim one of only four days I have to do it in, and crossing the whole country in three days and going to work on the fourth feels a bit dangerous. It's "only" about 500km but still more than I've ever done in a month.

Would be a fun ride though, starting close to the Russian border, small asphalt roads through the old pine-forests of eastern Finland, past lots of lakes to the flat agricultural area where I live.

here's a map