Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

fish guts

Old 07-07-05, 07:11 PM
powered by spinning

Bikes: marinoni custom fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fish guts

ok, just a funny story: ive got these ****ty plastic mtb toe clips i got free from a friend that i need to replace. so yesterday i was starting a ride to coney island and stopped on the east river park before getting on the bridge, just to take a break and chill. i was in the parking lot next to the fulton fish market, suddenly i couldnt get my foot out of the clip and i fell over. no big deal. so i lie on my back (no shirt - hot day) laughing for a minute, and go on my way, a little scraped up and dirty.
all the way to brooklyn anyone who passes me asks if im ok, im like ya, im fine whats up? i figure its just cuz my backs a little dirty. so finally i get to coney island and these maintenace people are pointing at me and laughing while i am stretching down so i go over and ask them if there is a shower so i can clean off. the lady asks whats on my back, and i say just a bunch of dirt. she says "it looks like i have an inky tattoo on top of stupidly long, matted back hair". she offers to spray me off with a hose, but first looks closer to see that i apparently fell into fish guts, car oil and dirt and its all over my back. there was even some sort of parking receipt gooped in there. takes her about ten minutes to power hose me clean (felt great) i could see actual fish gut looking things getting sprayed onto the ground. super gross. glad i didnt have to see it on my back.
anyway, grabbed a hot dog (they were invented there, after all) and rode back, fish gut free!!!
so anyone else ever fallen into something gross?
Old 07-07-05, 07:33 PM
while my car gently weeps

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flexo
she offers to spray me off with a hose
That's the funniest line. That was very sweet of her to offer to hose you down.
Old 07-07-05, 09:09 PM
bannned

Bikes: black bike, white bike, blue bike, yellow bike, silver bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ewww. I mean, ewww.

Old 07-07-05, 09:29 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 891 Posts
I just woke up groggy one morning and without my glasses, staggered to the porch to get the paper. As soon as I opened the door, my cat ran into the house. I took one step and slipped (barefoot, I might add) on something that felt like a long, halfway filled water balloon. I landed on my side, felt something squishy on my shoulder and turned my head toward that way. I saw the teeth-baring face of a decapitated mole-rat-gopher-MONSTER. I jumped up out of fear and horror only to find upon inspection that I stepped on the headless body, slipped and it rolled, and the guts squirted out of said body just before I landed in it. That is not what I wanted to experience first thing in the morning. I screamed only like a girl (well, I guess so since I am one) and ran into the shower. Then I went on a cat hunt.

Ummm, sorry not bike related. But you wanted to know what we fell in....
Old 07-07-05, 09:30 PM
scofflaw

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's is hilarous!!! everyone passing you thought YOU'd fallen down and YOUR
OWn WOUND was poking through your jersey
Old 07-08-05, 03:03 AM

Bikes: .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have stepped into the somewhat fresh barf of an Olympic athlete. Felt it squish up between my toes. You may bow.