Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Fezzari Bikes?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Fezzari Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-05, 07:47 AM
Belt drive!

Bikes: 2011 Trek Soho DLX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fezzari Bikes?

I noticed Costco was selling these...

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...pnav=&cat=&s=1

I'm not planning on buying one (going to buy from my LBS) but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone might be interested. I don't know anything about the brand. Is it any good?
Old 07-19-05, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Isn't Costco cash only? Would you have to bring 1000 dollars cash into the store to buy one?

Looks like a decent bike, but not a terrific deal. Can spend about the same at LBS and get the same thing plus a brand name frame, and warranty and service.
Old 07-19-05, 09:22 AM
Belt drive!

Bikes: 2011 Trek Soho DLX

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No they take plastic, etc. Even mail orders.

And you bring up why I'm going to buy from my LBS some time this year. They can properly fit me and service the bike, and I won't feel like a schmuck bringing the bike in for maintenance or whatever.
Old 07-19-05, 10:09 AM
JOCP Senior Advisor

Bikes: 1979 Shcwinn Varsity, 2005 Speciazlied Transition Multi-Sport, 2005 Specailized Sirrus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok I don't know what happened to my reply

It has 105 set up on it,which is good. The rimsseem to have trouble staying true.

I think for 200US less you can likely pick up a specialzed allez sport, which is a solid bike.

Elvish ponders where his reply went
Old 07-19-05, 11:05 AM
Look out!

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock, Raleigh Record Ace, Argon 18 700.5

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by vtjim
II'm not planning on buying one (going to buy from my LBS) but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone might be interested. I don't know anything about the brand. Is it any good?
This thread discussing the road bike version was quite nasty and entertaining

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...hlight=fezzari
Old 07-20-05, 11:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've researched this brand, the components, and the company in great detail over the last few weeks. I accessed all the information on the company available at the Secretary of State's office in Utah (where it is based). I've also talked with company officials on the phone. The company is very legit. It is about a year old and was started by a couple of guys with lots of experience working for several of the "big name" bike companies. Its growing rapidly, and its sales have been much higher than expected.

The componentry on the road bike (Catania) is as good as, and in some respects better than, other bikes in its class. They didn't cut corners on any of the components, like some of the "big names" do. The frame is almost identical to that of the Specialized Allez - same geometry, high quality aluminum, carbon front fork, and very solid welds. And the bike is very light . . about 17 pounds.

I tried to find fault with the company and the bike because I started my bike shopping with the attitude that I had to buy a bike built by one of the "big names." I couldn't find any fault, and couldn't justfy spending $500 more to buy a bike that wasn't any better, and in some ways wasn't as good. As a result, I'm buying a Fezzari this week instead of a Specialized, Trek or Cannondale (and a few other brands I considered).

As far as service goes, any reputable bike shop can work on this bike without any problems.

For those of you who say buy one of the "big name" bikes without researching the product, a big name doesn't always mean a superior product. Research the product and the company instead of blowing it off because you haven't heard of it. Trek and Specialized have spent loads of money to run "cute" adds during the Tour de France, but don't buy their marketing without researching the product.

If you want to talk to someone at the company, they were very willing to answer all my questions. Go to the website - www.fezzari.com.

P.S. No, I'm not an employee, just a very impressed consumer.
Old 07-21-05, 02:52 AM

Bikes: Rocky Mountain RC-70

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fezzari, now that sounds like a company that is trying to take advantage of illiterate people if I have ever heard one. I can just see it!

Some poor idiot says, “Schumacher rides one of these around the paddock at every race.”
His literate friend replies , “He drives for Ferrari not Fezzari you moron.”
Old 07-21-05, 05:24 AM
Retro-nerd

Bikes: 1991 Serotta Colorado II, 1986 Vitus 979, 1971 Juene Classic, 2008 Surly Crosscheck, 1956 Riva Sport

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by teton explorer
I've researched this brand, the components, and the company in great detail over the last few weeks.

It interesting that Teton Explorer and Calbike3r only have comments regarding Fezzari Bicycles.
See thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...0&page=1&pp=25

Yes, they have no other posts besides ones promoting Fezzari Bikes.

And Teton Explorer should be admired for doing so much research on a $950 bicycle. What other bicycles have you researched?

I recommending we assign Teton Explorer the duty of Research Captain.
Old 07-21-05, 11:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. I just found out about this site two days ago in looking for information on Fezzari bikes to see if my conclusions were supported by any others' opinions.

2. I don't type out a post every time a thought occurs to me. The fact that I don't feel the need to make posts on subjects of no importance to me means nothing. You must be a conspiracy theorist, or maybe even a bit paranoid. Do you make trips to Area 51 annually?

3. "So much research"? I've spent a grand total of approximately 4 hours finding out the information included in my posts. Doesn't seem like an inordinate amount of time. And whether I am spending $950 or $9,500, I don't like throwing my money down a rat hole. That's particularly true when I'm spending it on a machine on which I will ride and on which I need to feel safe. If you want to spend a grand on something you will ride without doing any research simply because the manufacturer caught your eye with an amusing television commercial, feel free.

4. I research several other bikes, and settled on three possibilities: (1) the Fezzari; (2) the Specialized Allez Elite Triple; and (3) the Trek 2100C.

5. I must respectfully decline nomination of Research Captain. Although its a huge honor to be considered for such a lofty position, I have decided to research only those things in which I have an interest. I have a wife, kids, a career, and hobbies. I don't have time to research topics that aren't important to me. But again, thanks for the offer.
Old 07-22-05, 12:01 AM
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bikes are NOT TOYS and should be purchased at a BIKE SHOP not a discount department store.

"Caveat emptor"

It may have decent components, but even if you stud a turd with diamonds it's still a piece of ****.
Old 07-22-05, 02:37 AM
Campy or bust :p

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey commuter build

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey, how can you knock a bike that comes with ELITE 105 components, customized FSA triple-front chainring gearing and cranks, and Alex AT-400 superlight high-performance wheel set?!!?
Old 07-22-05, 02:42 AM
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cryogenic
hey, how can you knock a bike that comes with ELITE 105 components, customized FSA triple-front chainring gearing and cranks, and Alex AT-400 superlight high-performance wheel set?!!?
With a sledgehammer
Old 07-22-05, 03:52 AM

Bikes: 1991 (?) Trek 1420; 2006 Trek 2100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No need to slam the guy, Someone was asking for info on Fezzaris and a satisfied owner gave his opinion.

As for myself, they don't seem like the best deal because you can get a similarly-equipped bike from a known manufacturer at your LBS for about the same price.

But don't knock the guy's bike. He likes it, that's what matters. Me, I like my 13 year-old Trek 1420, but that's just my opinion.
Old 07-22-05, 04:04 AM
Campy or bust :p

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey commuter build

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I swear if I ever see "Alex" and "super-high performance" in the same sentence again, I'll vomit
Old 07-22-05, 10:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And you can take a diamond and put crap on it, like some of the big names are starting to do by cutting corners on some of the components, and you end up with a crap-covered diamond you bought at a BIKE SHOP.
Old 07-22-05, 10:17 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Better get a bucket ready. From the posts I have read, many people agree with him.