Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Are you obsessed??

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Are you obsessed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 11:06 AM
Ain't gonna nuke me

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Vertex 70

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you obsessed??

There were the first 27 years of my life.......

but that's history. I got a bike. I love my bike. Maybe it loves me too. I think, live, read, talk and yes, often dream about riding. Ther is nothing else. I used to drink. I used to play music. I used to wear cotton. My wife is worried. I had an accident last week. A truck hit my bike. Bodies usually heal. Bikes need serious surgery. It was the longest wait of my life. Have I lost it? Are there others out there?? Or am I truly mad?
Old 07-22-05, 11:07 AM
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Answer to all of the above...........Yes.
Old 07-22-05, 11:15 AM
Ain't gonna nuke me

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Vertex 70

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should I be concerned??
Old 07-22-05, 11:21 AM
Throw the stick!!!!

Nope, just enjoy the ride.

It's pretty bad, I was driving yesterday and was rear-ended by another car. I actually checked out my bike before I took a look at the back of my truck. The other driver couldn't believe it when I mentioned that I hoped my bike was alright since it was only a week old and cost around $4,000.

All was well with the bike, I'll check my truck out later.

Oh, I ended up taking all of his information and leaving. I had called the police to get a report. We waited 15 minutes but they never showed up, guess since the state police and the city police offices were 1/4 mile away they just couldn't get there in time. Finally said screw it, had a group ride to get to.
Old 07-22-05, 12:03 PM

Bikes: '04 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro (Frame and Shock Only)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Obsession is part of the game my friend. Each night as I lay down to go to sleep, I jump on my bike in my mind and I begin pedaling. No matter how stressful a day I've had or how restless I might feel, spinning those pedals over epic trails in my head just takes me to a better place and off to sleep I go.

During the day (when I should be working) I frequent bike sites to read about bikes, write about bikes (kinda like I'm doing right now) and find out about new routes and trails.

Every time I drive by a bike shop I think to myself "what do I need and how much can I afford to spend without getting killed [by my wife]?"

When I have the option of surfing, kite-surfing or riding, riding almost always wins out.

Am I obsessed? Yes.

Would I have it any other way? No.
Old 07-22-05, 12:05 PM
ODB to those that know me

Bikes: Gary Fisher Tasajara (undergoing a total rebuild), Giant NRS, Giant OCR C3

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Here we are answering questions and coming up with a few of our own on this message board in the middle of the day. Feeling guilty for not riding right now! Gee, are we obsessed? Hell yeah!
Old 07-22-05, 12:17 PM
Throw the stick!!!!

Actually I'm not feeling guilty for not riding right now I'm hating that I cannot ride tonight. I hate having to take rest days!

Schedule for this week:
Sunday - road ride (33 miles, hills)
Monday - rest day
Tuesday - road ride (12 miles, easy spin cut short because of lightening storm and flash flood warnings)
Wednesday - road ride (34 miles, hills, group ride)
Thursday - mountain bike ride (help lead group ride, 18 miles)
Friday - rest day
Saturday - Pre-ride race course (easy, 6 miles)
Sunday - race
Old 07-22-05, 12:26 PM
Obeying Gravity

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LowCel
Answer to all of the above...........Yes.
Oh Yes
Old 07-22-05, 12:32 PM
Who said turtles are slow

Bikes: 2004 Norco Wolverine & 2005 TREK 1500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Obsessed?? Sure seems that way!

I had a dream last night, well actually a nightmare. I went on a nice long ride, on my way home, I stopped at a store. I ran into a friend at the store & got in their car & drove off. I LEFT MY BIKE AT THE STORE ALL ALONE!!! I realized, once I got to the friends house what I had done & ran back to the store. Alas my bike was gone. Woke up in a cold sweat, just freaking out. I had to get out of bed & check on my bikes. Could not get back to sleep again.
As if I would ever leave one of my babies out of my sight!!!
Old 07-22-05, 12:34 PM
eert a ekil yzarc

Bikes: many bikes

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I first met my wife, I told her I love to ride. I told her my creedo "The only bad ride, was the one missed." Her idea of my love for cycling was shattered the day she saw all my bikes. Sold some one, and gave two of the beaters to friends that needed something to commute. My birthday was a month ago, and she got me a workstand and a jersey. So I guess she is accepting of my addiction.

Over in the SS/Fixie forum somebody had mentioned being at the Burning Man. His buddy only noticed the Schwinn the pretty nude woman was riding. I have no problem saying it, yeah that might have been me only noticing the bike.
Old 07-24-05, 05:26 PM

Bikes: Trek road bike, Cannondale(ancient) just purchased a Gary Fisher HKEK "05"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We're all probably a little obsessed or we would not be in the forum. Anyway I had this Cannondale mountain bike and stupidly lent it to a friend. Well, he left it unlocked in front of a local grocery store and forgot about it and left with some friends het met. He later called me and said I should pick up my bike because he forgot about it. I freaked out because I did not have a car at the time and ran 3 miles non-stop (don't ask me how) to rescue my bike. I still have that bike today, but do not talk to my so-called friend anymore. I have a new bike now, and keep it in my bedroom, so it is the last thing I see at night and the first thing in the morning.