Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New commuter near Boston

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New commuter near Boston

Old 08-01-05, 09:57 AM
Part-time Commuter

Bikes: Gary Fisher Nirvana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got a new Gary Fisher Nirvana (a hybrid) about 2 weeks ago. I waited until the heat wave passed and then started commuting last Friday. My route is about 6.6 miles each way and runs along the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway from Arlington to Lexington, MA. Both my office and the apartment that I rent are right on the bike path so there's really no excuse for me not to bike to work. The only time that I have to deal with motorists is when the bike path crosses a main road. So far I'm loving it. I came across Nashbar.com and they've got some great prices on pumps, fenders, etc. I'm still waiting for my accessories to come in. That's my scoop.

Jim
Old 08-01-05, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by astr033
My route is about 6.6 miles each way and runs along the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway from Arlington to Lexington, MA. Both my office and the apartment that I rent are right on the bike path so there's really no excuse for me not to bike to work. The only time that I have to deal with motorists is when the bike path crosses a main road. So far I'm loving it.

Jim
astr033,

You don't know how lucky you are! Or how jealous I am..... *sigh* I'm in southeast Missouri and would like to commute to work (about 5 miles each way), but not on the roads here or with the vehicularly uncouth.

performance.com is another place to order online.

chalkdusty