Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Help! Stem needed for 1" Threaded Fork

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-05, 10:59 PM
Q23

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My vintage Cinelli stem drop way too low (but looks so sweet), and I want to run my new syntace bullhorns so I think I need a clamp.

I just got done with ride number two. The first one the lock ring came loose on my cog. It's all tight now, I went from the Berkeley Aquatic park (where I live) to Campus and back down. My neck and arms are sore. Track drops just won't cut it me thinks. I picked up new the bullhorns from SportsBasement for $47 minus 10%. They feel good in my hands.
I already got some small skids down. My old shimano spd don't clip very well...I think they need some grease and new bearing wouldn't hurt either, any sugestions on this?

Thanks, Brad
Old 08-05-05, 10:42 AM
Dirty White Boy

Bikes: 2004 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1984 Raleigh Gran Prix fixed gear conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm using the Nitto Technomic from Airbomb and it's doing just fine. They have several different lengths and 25.4 and 26.0 clamp sizes.
Old 08-05-05, 12:20 PM
Q23

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
can you get bullhorns in those? I seem to be having trouble getting them into my cinelli
Old 08-05-05, 12:28 PM
Dirty White Boy

Bikes: 2004 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1984 Raleigh Gran Prix fixed gear conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Depends on the stem clamp size and bar size. Mine took some wiggling to get through the clamp, but I bought a 26.0 clamp size stem and 26.0 horns, so once they were in, it all tightened together normally. The bar diameter should be stamped onto the front of them somewhere, and then you just need to buy the appropriate sized stem.

You could also use a threadless adaptor if you want to use a threadless stem, which would increase your options, give you a slightly more upright profile (you can always tilt the bars up in the threaded stem, anyway) and make changing out bars a lot easier, given the pop-top aspect of most threadless stems.
Old 08-05-05, 02:44 PM
Let's roll

Bikes: lots of 'em

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most Nitto stems have longer quills - raising the bars should be easier with them. Try one of these:

Nitto Dynamic II