Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

New Specialized for '06

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

New Specialized for '06

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-05, 06:21 PM
psn
Physics Junkie

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, GT Pulse, Specialized S-Works E5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Specialized for '06

While I was at Ace Wheelworks today, one of the girls behind the counter (apparently a Langster rider herself...you on this forum?) showed me the 2006 Specialized catalog. In addition to everyone's favorite, the Langster, and the *cough* overpriced *cough* (IMO, at least) S-Works Langster frameset, there looks to be a new model for '06 (not yet mentioned on Specialized's '06 preview website). They call it (wait for it...) the Langster Comp.

Breakdown: Langster's Al frame, carbon fork, Sugino cranks, no brakes (I think), and definitely better wheels...I think some sort of Alex rims.
Price: Pretty sure she said $1000, but it might've been $900.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. Maybe I can be truly elite by having the first mention of it on the web. Or not. Or maybe I'll get sued for breaching an NDA. That'd be a hoot.

And finally, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I'm new to fixies - I picked up an IRO Jamie Roy this summer off eBay and have been riding it around the last few weeks in earnest. I'm also conveniently located in Cambridge, so Boston riders, I'm down to ride when you are (now that I'm in some sort of not completely heinous shape). Peace out!
Old 08-08-05, 09:33 PM
secret track gearing

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
welcome to boston/cambridge (even though at the moment im not back there yet, 8 days til my return!) if you havent already, check out the MIT races. bunch of really cool fixed riders, who hang out at the MIT running track on vassar st, 10:30 pm thursday nights (or did they change it to 10 recently?) its a good time.
Old 08-08-05, 11:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yep it's at 10pm now... and we got kicked out last week so I'm not so sure how many people will show up this week.
Old 08-09-05, 01:10 AM
Synthetic Flying Machine

Bikes: https://www.automatedredemption.com/rev/img/DSCF0046.jpg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
??
Old 08-09-05, 02:44 AM

Bikes: .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Loooooooove those Langsters!
Old 08-09-05, 07:43 AM
psn
Physics Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WithNail/go4broke: Yeah I'll definitely check them out. My lab, err office (I'm a theory nerd), is on Albany St. on the same side of Mass Ave. as the track/gym complex. What's the typical race like?

And for definition: That thread was about the '06 Langster (which *is* already on the '06 Specialized site), not the '06 Langster Comp. They are different bikes, I pinky-promise.
Old 08-09-05, 08:03 AM
dc pirate, 4evah.

Bikes: several. blue. fun.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually, the langster comp isn't new... they were available in '05 too, I believe. At least, we showed availability for 'em.
Old 08-09-05, 03:19 PM
psn
Physics Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eh, I have/had never seen one, and they certainly aren't on the website for '05 models (not that the Specialized website is the be-all, end-all). Whatever the case may be, when it comes to dropping ~$1k, I think I'd rather pony up a bit more for a Pista Concept, or better yet, a Felt TK2 frameset (that thing looks hot) and do the build-up myself. Mmmm - aluminum and carbon (the roadie in me comes out).