Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Pro Team Sponsorship -- info needed

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-05, 08:57 AM
Cycle Italia

Bikes: Trek 1200 (Hopefully a Pegoretti someday)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to be racing for the first time in the spring in some college races, but for now i need some knowledgable people to point me toward sources covering the topic of pro bike racing sponsorship. Are there any good books out there or any quality websites that would help me?

I'm hoping to write this college essay about the nature of the sponsorships in general, whether or not they're economically and financially sound, how US and european sponsorships differ, etc.

Also, what is the name of the team that is up for bid after this season (I thought i heard this mentioned during the TDF)?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-05, 09:05 AM
Dude wheres my guads?

Bikes: Not enough

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koreansteve
I'm going to be racing for the first time in the spring in some college races, but for now i need some knowledgable people to point me toward sources covering the topic of pro bike racing sponsorships. Are there any good books out there or any quality websites that would help me?

I'm hoping to write this college essay about the nature of the sponsorships in general, whether or not they're economically and financially sound, how US and european sponsorships differ, etc.

Also, what is the name of the team that is up for bid after this season (I thought i heard this mentioned during the TDF)?

Thanks.
Fassa Bartolo was up for bids... Its defunct next year ...
Old 08-30-05, 06:32 PM
Cycle Italia

Bikes: Trek 1200 (Hopefully a Pegoretti someday)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. Anyone else know where i can find more info on the subject as a whole?
Old 08-30-05, 06:47 PM

Bikes: Raleigh 2003 Professional

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
google, lots of google.

you've got lexis-nexus through school, that can get you a ton of info if you know how to use it.

If the business school has a library liason, they would be the best person to talk to about research...