Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

just starting dirt

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

just starting dirt

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 02:29 PM
dude!!!

Bikes: modified 'GT thud' and a '2005 haro f4'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just starting dirt

i've been doing street and flatland for a while but now i want to get into dirt, i can do a couple of tricks like 1 hander, tweak, dead sailer, kickout, handlebar turn. i generally just want some tips on dirt. mainly getting more air and i desperately need help on a 1 footer, when i lift off the jump i lift my foot up about 5 inches off the pedal but cant find it when i land and land really sketchy with 1 foot still off.
thanks
Old 09-11-05, 02:56 PM
SPACE FOR RENT

Bikes: 05 kink Cielencki, ody LHD cassete hazard light rear,Ody Vandero front, kink og fork, primo tenderizers,fsa pig headset,ody linear slick cable,FSA nasty boy cranks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The key to a one footer is tilting your back foot that stays on the pedal forward/down as if you were bunnyhoping. This will keep your pedals from moving. Start with a small kick outwards and move on from there.
Old 09-14-05, 09:12 AM
dude!!!

Bikes: modified 'GT thud' and a '2005 haro f4'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks i can just do a sketchy 1 footer but im gettin there, can any1 tell me any general tips about dirt
Old 09-14-05, 11:05 PM

Bikes: endemic/five

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dont jump anything you dont think you can jump, and if you want to do tricks on jumps wait til your comfortable with it, racing is a great way to get comfortable with jumping, it helps with judging speed for jumps, and helps out with control of the bike