Search
Notices
Rides and Races A place for posting group rides, races, and regional threads for the fixed gear and single speed forum.

Boston rides

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-05, 07:47 PM

Bikes: De Rosa Corum, custom Kalavinka, Bianchi RC Pista, Cannondale MT Track, Workcycles Gr8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boston rides

If you're planning a ride of some sort in or around Boston, post in this thread. If you're wondering if there are any rides or activities in or around Boston in the next few hours or days, read this thread.

It's Thursday, so some people will be at MIT's track at 10:30 tonight.
Old 09-15-05, 10:01 PM
secret track gearing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm on the Wentworth road team, and we've been going out for a couple of group rides as of lately, looking to start something weekly if we can organize it. tuesday we went out for our first ride, had 4 new freshman show up which is awesome considering our team last year was only like 3-4 people. Wednesday we also went out, only 4 of us that time for a faster paced ride, since we only really averaged 15mph on tuesday, we ended up doing around 16.5-17 over 21.5 miles.

anyways, if anyone has interest in going for organized road rides around 15-25 miles long, usually around 5-6pm, PM me or just post your interest on here. it would be really cool to get some sort of collaborative ride between the MIT team and the WIT team, since we do know some of the MIT guys from races and such from last season.

I realize this is advertisement for ROAD rides, but i ride fixed around the city and in our underground races/events with most of you, so i figured this would be a good place to post this, seeings as how most of us boston riders hang out in the fixed/ss forums anyway.

that is all - Brian
Old 09-16-05, 07:23 AM
psn
Physics Junkie

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, GT Pulse, Specialized S-Works E5

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I can definitely suggest doing rides together to the captain of the MIT team. Right now our big team rides are on Saturday mornings (9 a.m., in front of our student center), and smaller groups go out more or less every day during the week. How do your Monday afternoons look? I feel like we might be able to put together a posse to roll then...
Old 09-16-05, 09:12 AM
secret track gearing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i've got class til 5, so either 5:15 meet at WIT, or 5:30 meet at MIT is good for me. damn engineering labs are running me til 5:00 on M,W,F, but i'm out at 11am on tuesday, and 3:00 on thursday.
Old 09-16-05, 02:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey everybody, big race tonight at midnight! $5 to enter, 15 laps, prizes for top man and woman. Be at P.A.'s Lounge at midnight in Union Square, Somerville to register. And see here for more info: https://www.rushinrevolution.com/home.htm
Old 09-19-05, 11:43 AM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boston peeps,

Following up from thoughts this past Friday at the Midnight Crit, you guys need to get on board for this one.

Here it is:

Saturday Morning leave from Boston by car (I can accomodate 4 bikes and 4 people in my vehicle, myself included) and drive threeish hours north to Lincoln, NH and ride an 80 mile loop East across the Kangamangus Hwy to North Conway, North up RT16 and West across RT302 returning through Franconia Notch and back to the car. Weather permitting this is a great (scenic as f***) ride and a challenge, we will be riding geared and should expect to complete it in 6 hrs or so, maybe faster? Who's down? Descents in excess of >>>>>50 MPH>>>>>>>>>>... whoosh fun!
Old 09-19-05, 12:30 PM

Bikes: De Rosa Corum, custom Kalavinka, Bianchi RC Pista, Cannondale MT Track, Workcycles Gr8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm bringing a bike computer, and I hope to set a new personal land-speed record.
Old 09-19-05, 12:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, I'd better give the old gearie a tune. My personal best is 46mph on some hill in Concord. I'd love to break fifty. Count me in, for now.
Old 09-19-05, 12:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine is 46.3 mph. I went over every inch of my road bike last night, put on new tubes, some sexy new slicks, adjusted everything. I found some new scratches and four or five spokes in back that were completely slack. I lent it to a friend a couple of weeks ago, and I have a suspicion that he crashed and didn't tell me.
Old 09-19-05, 12:48 PM
Just tighten everything

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude, that sounds like so much fun, but I deff. don't have the equipment for that sort of ride (my franken road bike was recently sold to a friend). i've hit 40 mph on a ss bike out in amherst and place it amongst my most enjoyable experiences.

Anyway, that race on friday was a lot of fun. Not sure i can wait a whole month for another.
Old 09-19-05, 12:49 PM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be checking the road conditions later today. From what I have read there was a lot of road repair this summer so there should be loads of fresh pavement to ride on, necessitating in much land speed breakage ... lets just hope the bulk of it is done so we don't run in to any 4 mile stretches of unpaved construction zone. I'll call an LBS nearby Lincoln to get the scoop.
Old 09-19-05, 01:58 PM
Retrogrouch in Training

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just fyi, that's also Hub on Wheels day. https://www.hubonwheels.org/
Old 09-19-05, 02:05 PM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bostontrevor
Just fyi, that's also Hub on Wheels day. https://www.hubonwheels.org/

Trevor We're planning on Saturday, Hub on Wheels is Sunday. At least according the link you posted.
Old 09-19-05, 02:15 PM
De-Couriered

Bikes: Schwinn Le Tour III (fixed)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh man! You guys are heading to my stomping grounds! I wish I still had a geared bike, and a foot that was keeping me from doing anything over a mile or three. Damn my luck.
I did that ride with my dad about 4 years ago. Tackling it from the Lincoln side is definitly the way to go. Wish I could go with you. Hope you have a good time.
Old 09-19-05, 02:30 PM
Retrogrouch in Training

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oops. Right, I see that now. I had the 25th part right, but was thinking it was Saturday the 25th.

Hmm. Maybe I'll make it. How's the climbing? I still have my 12-23 with a 52/40 up front.
Old 09-19-05, 02:56 PM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bostontrevor
Oops. Right, I see that now. I had the 25th part right, but was thinking it was Saturday the 25th.

Hmm. Maybe I'll make it. How's the climbing? I still have my 12-23 with a 52/40 up front.
Climbing should be moderate I'm 12-23 53/39 Which should be fine, I think 6-12% should be expected.
Old 09-20-05, 06:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bummer .. i'm flat out busy this weekend. So enjoy the beautiful weather and the great outdoors. I may swing by thursday but the outlook is grim.
Old 09-20-05, 07:40 AM
Retrogrouch in Training

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hm. My lovely other half reminded me we have friends in town from VT this weekend, so I'm back on the 'likely no' list again.
Old 09-20-05, 09:18 AM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How are things looking for Thursday night boys?

Looks like I have a growing list of kids from PVD that want to throw down this week. I get to be the bike chauffeur ... yeah! Damn car. Stickyfoot ... I think Dan is coming.

Last edited by rithem; 09-20-05 at 09:22 AM. Reason: whoops
Old 09-20-05, 09:20 AM
secret track gearing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
damn, if only i didnt have to work EVERY saturday and sunday at the shop...
Old 09-20-05, 09:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uh-oh! Dan's coming?! Crap, I'd better gear up or something. After winning two races in a row I don't think I can handle losing. Sadness will be coming my way and his name is Dan.
Old 09-20-05, 09:29 AM
Foward Leaning Attitude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stickyfoot
Uh-oh! Dan's coming?! Crap, I'd better gear up or something. After winning two races in a row I don't think I can handle losing. Sadness will be coming my way and his name is Dan.
Fear is the mind killer Rob... I HAVE to gear up this week I can't stand losing again or spinning out like an idiot like I've been doing to keep up with you.
Old 09-20-05, 10:15 AM
Retrogrouch in Training

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unclear on Thursday, I have a meeting at 7 about the upcoming Longfellow reconstruction. I'm not sure how long it will go and how much steam I'll have after. But I'll be optimistic.
Old 09-20-05, 10:36 AM
De-Couriered

Bikes: Schwinn Le Tour III (fixed)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I may hobble out Thursday night to spectate. Im in an awful lot of pain right now so I can't even use the clips. The Podiatrist can't see me until the 7th of October. Im calling his office every day until I find a cancellation slot to steal. I can't wait that long to ride again.
Old 09-20-05, 03:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tomorrow at 555 Huntington Ave (corner of Huntington and Evans Way) at 4:50 I will be joining a group from the Wentworth raod team for an easy ride. I'll be riding fixed, but in my roadie kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.