Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

GF Zebrano or Trek 7300FX

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 09-19-05, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All,

I have narrowed down my bike selection to the Gary Fisher Zebrano or Trek 7300FX. The LBS has ordered my size (22) in both bikes and they should arrive on Thursday for test rides. My question is, does anyone have any input to which bike is a better all-around bike for road-biking (95% of the time) and pulling a child carrier once a week? I’m looking to ride 3 times a week for a workout and once on the weekend with the family.

I like the RST fork and on the Zebrano but I’m not crazy about the weight and lesser components. The Trek is a bit stiff and I can’t completely wrap around the grip because of the trigger shifters but I like the better components.

Any input would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Thanks…..
Old 09-19-05, 02:38 PM

Bikes: 2005 Gary Fisher Zebrano

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought the Zebrano a few months ago and I love it. I've never tested a TREK though.
Old 09-19-05, 05:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Newbie here as well; I'm looking for any/all information. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-05, 08:55 PM
@#$% cars

Bikes: '02 Schwinn Frontier;'03 Fisher Tiburon; '04 Raleigh Companion; 04 Dahon SpeedPro; 69 Raleigh Sport fixed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Fisher. Tiberon actually. When I tested (2003), the Trek was a more upright ride and I got a more natural stretch-out on the Fisher.

Buy whichever one feels better! Either one, if the components ever wear out, you can replace with better stuff.
Old 09-19-05, 09:47 PM

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Trek 7300FX is more of a road bike than the Zebrano. The seatpost and stem are rigid on the 7300 which saves quite a bit of weight. Also the tires are smoother than the ones on the Zebrano. The adjustable stem on the Zebrano might be something you want if you want to really personalize your fit though. Also, Gary Fisher only makes mountain bikes if that helps you in your decision at all. Definitely test ride them both, but I'm just giving you my two cents.
Old 09-20-05, 04:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hubs and Stannian; thanks a lot for the information. I just received a call from my LBS and they have both the GF Zeb. and 7300FX arriving on Thursday for my test rides. I know what your saying about the tires on the Zeb, the LBS has agreed to swap out the larger tires for the same ones that are on the 7300fx if I got that route. Thanks again.