Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Recumbent Trike EZ-3 AX

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Recumbent Trike EZ-3 AX

Old 09-20-05, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an order in for a SUN EZ-3 AX trike. But, I am having second thoughts. My reasons for wanting a trike is because I am not that good of a bike rider (never rode as a kid) and I have a neck problem that sometimes acts up when I ride a conventional bike. May I hear from some riders of trikes out there on some pros/cons? I am wondering how you transport the trike and if its weight (50 lbs.) is difficult to lift onto a bike rack? Also, I am not a speed freak but I do enjoy getting a good pace going and wonder how easy or difficult it is to achieve this on a trike.
Old 09-20-05, 08:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Woooooo!

1st, don't bash yourself - we all have limits. issues, high points. low points, etc. The improtant thing is, there are machines, like the EZ3 AX trike that help you get out there, move your feet, move your legs, jog your mind, and get you close to the absurd world of motorists [Note: Cyclists have been at battle with motorists for more than 100 years - but the cyclists will win!!!!!!]

I have several cycles. My favorite, and most favored is my EZ3 AX. My daily commute is an e-assist Cannondale mt. bike., my ever present back up and foul weather commute is my AX with a Zzip fairing - I love it, I hope you love yours too.

email me if you have any specific questions about the AX. It is a great machine.

Jim S
New Rochelle, NY
jim@goheidi.com
Old 09-21-05, 08:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi!
I am picking up my EZ-3AX today and am SO stoked! The info and people on these boards (and others) were very helpful in giving me added info that helped me finalize my decision. I had ridden the AX trike and knew I liked it but didn't know enough about recumbent trikes to know if it would be the one I needed. I've never been a tour rider but in the past had always enjoyed a long liesurely day ride so I wanted feedback from those who owned one or who at least had more experience with recumbent trikes. Living in Seattle a trike will allow me to ride all year round without fear of falling due to ice or wet roads. I love a ride on a cold brisk day around here.

I am turning 50 and have been off a bike of any kind for years due to a bad hip which also resulted in knee problems. After having the hip replaced this last spring there was no way I was getting back on a 2-wheeler for fear of falling and breaking it all over again. I actually fell in love with the comfort of a recumbent while riding an exercise recumbent in physical therapy. My Dr. encouraged me to keep riding a recumbent to get my leg muscles back in shape so I decided to buy one that would also allow me to enjoy the outdoors again and get back to some real physical exercise.

As far as transport goes, I have a Toyota mini-van and the trike will fit nicely in the back. In fact the dealer told me they've squashed 'em down to fit in the back of station wagons.

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm a 50 yr. old mom who just got 'bent' and I'm about to become the biggest trike riding geek of the neighborhood and I'm going to love every minute of it! LOL

Last edited by frannie; 09-21-05 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-21-05, 05:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks, frannie.

Glad to hear from you and your enthusiam has lifted me up and made me feel that I made the right decision. I am 58 and luckily my body still allows me to be an active hiker and run some. But some days my screams at me sometimes and tells me slow down. Perhaps the relaxed position of the trike will allow me to enjoy being out there and give my body a good workout without beating myself up so much.

Again, thanks for your reply.
Old 09-21-05, 05:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Jim. You are absolutely right. The most important thing is just to get out there and if a trike is the right answer for me I should just go for it. Wish I could ride to work but on the country roads I live off of I'd be found on the side of the road as flat as a pancake on my first days ride. But, I do have many wonderful places to ride so I am going to go ahead and get that trike and enjoy.

thanks again for the encouraging words.