Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Just picked up my new Specialized.

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-05, 01:15 PM
There was a message here

Bikes: Specialized P.2 and a Diamondback Viper X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I FINALLY got my specialized P.2, and its a good bike so far. Although the crank makes a odd rubbing sound as if sand is in there somehow, as odd as that sounds. But, so far I love this bike, I used to ride BMX so this bike is practically a Rolls Royce to me. I am happy to finally have disc brakes, gears, big wheels, good parts and front suspension (thats really soft by the way). I am going to start riding trails and skateparks real soon.

By the way I have a question. I am new to disc brakes so I am not sure if this is a normal or abnormal. ON my brakes it make a kind of....its hard to explain how it sounds. Ki.nd of like a light rattling sound that is noticeable, but not terribly loud. But its only when I lean to one side. Is that normal or is there something I need to adjust? Oh well, so far the brake performance is spectacular,
Old 09-27-05, 12:16 AM
KGB Style

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, P.2s are rad!! I'm thinking that the sound is coming from the fork flexing and causing tire to rub on your fork sliders. Stock forks on P.2s have a lot of flex (I would know!). If it's the brake rotor rubbing when you lean then I don't know that answer. P.2's are so fun to ride. They're affordable because the components, like the fork, are not top o' the line, so plan on getting a new fork when that one breaks or when you want a little better performance.

Welcome to the family! Have fun...
Old 09-27-05, 09:08 AM
Perpetual n00b

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
congrats, hope you enjoy it.
Old 09-27-05, 01:13 PM
There was a message here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyamerican
Yeah, P.2s are rad!! I'm thinking that the sound is coming from the fork flexing and causing tire to rub on your fork sliders. Stock forks on P.2s have a lot of flex (I would know!). If it's the brake rotor rubbing when you lean then I don't know that answer. P.2's are so fun to ride. They're affordable because the components, like the fork, are not top o' the line, so plan on getting a new fork when that one breaks or when you want a little better performance.

Welcome to the family! Have fun...
Thanks man I appreciate it, but there is an even scarier sounds now, when I am moving, like really moving the crank makes an awful noise, as if somethin is rubbin against sand AND falling apart all at once. And the fork is doing great so far, it absorbs bumps really well, and it handles like its on rails. And it stops like it has drag chutes.
Old 09-27-05, 07:28 PM
Perpetual n00b

Bikes: '18 Kona Explosif, '18 Sunday Primer BMX, Giant Roam (ss converted), Old Peugeot (SS converted, broken)

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
That's probly the chainguide...
Old 09-27-05, 08:34 PM
There was a message here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have no idea. But I'll take it to my LBS soon.