Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

MS150 personal best

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

MS150 personal best

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-05, 11:49 AM

Bikes: Cannondale, R500, R600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MS150 personal best

Completed my second MS150 ride at nearly 55yo and set a new best at an average 16mph. Of course, there were a few breaks during the ride and yes, New Jersey is flat and there was little wind, but it is still a personal best. Next weekend I'm riding one direction in the Delaware version.
Old 09-28-05, 12:55 PM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigberg50
Completed my second MS150 ride at nearly 55yo and set a new best at an average 16mph. Of course, there were a few breaks during the ride and yes, New Jersey is flat and there was little wind, but it is still a personal best. Next weekend I'm riding one direction in the Delaware version.
I'm not sure what an MS150 is, but if it's what I think it is -- 150 miles -- then I'm blown away and you deserve congratulations!

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 09-28-05, 02:00 PM
Badger Biker

Bikes: Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
I'm not sure what an MS150 is, but if it's what I think it is -- 150 miles -- then I'm blown away and you deserve congratulations!
Here in Wisconsin, the MS 150 is a two day ride from Milwaukee to Madison at 75 miles each day. Don't know what it is in NJ.
Old 09-28-05, 03:04 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
150 miles at such a good average deserves some congragulations and you get it from me. Don't think I could do the second day though. 150 would not be a problem, but the thought of climbing back on the saddle for the second day in succession, makes me wince.
Old 09-28-05, 06:58 PM

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Virtually every state in the US has an MS150 event, and they are all 75 miles each way, 2-day rides. That's 150 miles total over 2 days. I think they try to overnight in college dorms whenever possible, so you'll often see them riding to a college town and back to the start the next day.
Old 09-29-05, 06:27 AM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
In NC/SC there are several starting point options providing for either a 75 mile or 100 mile option on the first day. This year the first day ended in Darlington and cyclists circled the Darlington Motor Speedway and finished in the infield. There were bands, food and free beverages.

Second day was about 80 miles and finishes at a school in N Myrtle Beach. Cyclists are then bused back to their destination Sunday evening.

Riders were treated to very nice weather this year.