Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Twenty seatpost size

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Raleigh Twenty seatpost size

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 07:40 AM
Now with racer-boy font!

Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello,

I'm interested in getting a Raleigh folder or Raleigh Twenty, but I'm concerned about the seattube angle. It looks pretty steep.

What size is the seatpost? Do any of you know of any setback seatposts that would fit one of these?

Thanks.

www.eastalabamacycling.org
Old 10-20-05, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sheldonbrown, sheldonbrown, sheldonbrown!!!!!!!!!!!
Search Function, Search function, Search!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, i just never get tired of saying these. But as i am a bit of a Twenty "connoisseur" and want to help you out a bit, i will just qoute some of the stuff of:

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/raleigh-twenty.html

"Twentys are designed to take a 1 1/8" seat post, and come with a heavy steel one, which may not be long enough for taller riders. Since I'm long-legged, I used to have to extend the stock seatpost by attaching a smaller seatpost to the top of it, but now, thanks to mountain bikes, and "oversized" designs, suitable modern aluminum seatposts are available from stock for a reasonable price, in the 28.6 mm diameter"

28,6 is a rather common size so guess you should have no problems with your requirements.

Additonally there is a plethora of info on Twenties (how to acquire them cheap, upgrading etc etc.) on these boards, other people's pages and my page (see sig.) really suggest you check those out too...
Old 10-28-05, 04:58 AM
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I got a shim for mine so that I can use more standard 27.2 posts. Since my 2nd saddle/post theft in six months I've got rid of my 31.8 quick release clamp and put in an allen-tightened one. I plan to fill the hex-key hole with wax to further dissuade the raptors from having my new carbon-but-cheap-off-ebay-post...
Old 10-28-05, 11:39 AM
Habit is a great deadener

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LittlePixel
I plan to fill the hex-key hole with wax to further dissuade the raptors from having my new carbon-but-cheap-off-ebay-post...
try super glue and a ball bearing. easy to pop out with a pointy thing like some sort of awl, but hard to get the bolt out otherwise.