Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

I can commute again!

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

I can commute again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-01, 06:34 AM
TriBob

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
It has been 3 years since I was able to commute to work. This time I will have to drive about 1/2 way; but, it is better then nothing. Luckily the second half of the commute is some of the worst traffic in Philly and I can be on the bike

I have a week to finish working out the details like on the best place to park. Hopefully I can sneek into a business complex. I should get in about 8-10 miles each way. That will kick up my milage a few notches!

Add one to the crazy commuter column.

Bob

Old 04-09-01, 08:18 AM
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Haaaal-le-lu-ja, halleluja, halleluja, hal-le-e-lu-ja!

:angel:
Old 04-10-01, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
awesome! welcome back to the ranks.

since i've been commuting i've noticed how for many (urban) folks, it's very possible to do a split commute, that is, driving part way, parking in a lot, and then biking the rest of the way to work. on my seattle commute, there's lots of these free lots (the city is trying to encourage people not to drive into the city). one could actually pick and choose - depending on the distance they're comfortable with.

local mass transit dept.'s are a good resource for finding these park-n-ride lots (although one does need a car rack or some means of transporting the bike). just thought i'd mention that for anyone lurking and thinking about the possibilities...!
Old 04-11-01, 08:02 AM
Sumanitu taka owaci

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In another post, Junebride talks about how commuting really built her up for cycling.
I can really see that. Isn't cycling to work one of the best ways to get some training
in? Here you have an opportunity for a 30 - 60 minute ride, with added weight, and
the same thing again in the afternoon. For cyclists who don't cycle-commute, this is
a golden, engraved invitation.

Last edited by LittleBigMan; 04-11-01 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-11-01, 11:38 AM
TriBob

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I agree 110%. This should double my milage at least. Last year I started doing a little utility cycling (errands) A video fits perfectly in a jersey pocket to return to the video store

Old 05-15-11, 05:44 PM
she

Bikes: A Raleigh detour 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TriBob
It has been 3 years since I was able to commute to work. This time I will have to drive about 1/2 way; but, it is better then nothing. Luckily the second half of the commute is some of the worst traffic in Philly and I can be on the bike

I read your 1st post. Also about your commuting! https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-day-commuting

I have a week to finish working out the details like on the best place to park. Hopefully I can sneek into a business complex. I should get in about 8-10 miles each way. That will kick up my milage a few notches!

Add one to the crazy commuter column.

Bob
I read your 1st post. Also about your commuting! https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-day-commuting
Old 05-15-11, 06:13 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Since this thread is over 10 years old, it's being closed.

Time to start a new thread.

Forum Guidelines *click here*