Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

RE: good touring bike shops in victoria,bc

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-05, 06:25 AM

Bikes: 1 mtb, soon to get a tourer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone know the website of a decent touring bike shop in victoria,bc.

what is a popular touring bike in canada? & roughly how much can i expect to pay for a good 1.

i'm planning coast to coast next year & was thinking of buying my bike over in canada because i thought it might be cheaper than in the uk, anyone got any thoughts on this / done it themselves.

thanks
Old 11-07-05, 05:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fairfield bike shop

The best all round shop inVictoria and dedicated long term staff ,, shopped there for years
Old 11-07-05, 11:21 PM
sth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclemanic
anyone know the website of a decent touring bike shop in victoria,bc.

what is a popular touring bike in canada? & roughly how much can i expect to pay for a good 1.

i'm planning coast to coast next year & was thinking of buying my bike over in canada because i thought it might be cheaper than in the uk, anyone got any thoughts on this / done it themselves.

thanks
I live in Vancouver but get over to Victoria regularily and can suggest Russ Hays (www.russhays.com). They are very knowledgeable and have a great selection.

For a touring bike you could look at Marinoni (www.marinoni.qc.ca/html/2005/05_en_turismo.asp), Devinci(devinci.com/2006/eng/bike-pages/touring/touring.htm) or Cannondale.

Good to hear that you are planning a cross country trip next year. It is something I want to do but it will have to wait a few years until I can manage to get the time off. This past summer a young fellow road across the country and kept an interesting journal at: beauchamp.relyon.ca/crosscanada/?p=6 it is an enjoyable read. There are many more out there and lots of info on Bike Forums.

Good luck.