Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Custom part for Giant Stiletto saddle...

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 10:17 AM

Bikes: '98 Scott Cheyenne, '05 Giant Stiletto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm looking for some sort of custom saddle bracket for the Giant Stiletto.
You see the saddle does not have a post and is bolted directly to the frame. This makes for a really cool looking saddle, but the bike offers no suspension thus a sore back after longer rides.
Is there anyone who is having the same problem? Any solutions?
Old 11-09-05, 03:20 AM

Bikes: 8 bikes - one for each day of the week!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
A layer of closed-cell foam may help. If you take a photo of the seat off the frame, and the frame itself, we could probably come up with some creative solutions.
Old 11-09-05, 10:34 PM
old codger

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have done the 'gunfighter and lady' thing to sport motorcycle seats using the blue sheets of closed cell camping foam. Cut each higher layer smaller than the lower one. Glue up the block. Wrap a sheet over the block to smooth the edges.
Clear as mud?
Old 12-10-05, 12:52 PM
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I have a Stiletto. It's cool. I rode it in the local Holiday parade last weekend.

If I may rip off "American Choppers", to make the seat support for one custom bike they took a steel bar and wrapped it into a U shape. That added height, and also by proper sizing and thickness, added some spring.

Face the bottom of the U towards the front. Then drill holes in it to match the seat and frame. Put some bolts through the holes and tighten everything up.
Old 12-26-05, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
My hat's off to anyone who can sit on a Stilletto more than 5 minutes. That has got to be the most uncomfortable seat ever made. Well, maybe a bit more comfortable than a grey suede Aerowind saddle . That piping hits me right on the pelvic/hip bones. OUCH!,,,,BD
Old 12-26-05, 10:59 AM
Pedaled too far.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
My hat's off to anyone who can sit on a Stilletto more than 5 minutes. That has got to be the most uncomfortable seat ever made. Well, maybe a bit more comfortable than a grey suede Aerowind saddle . That piping hits me right on the pelvic/hip bones. OUCH!,,,,BD
My worst problem is that the bike is still a bit too small. Yeah, the Stiletto is screaming for aftermarket parts. But I still enjoy it.
Old 12-26-05, 11:40 AM

The seat is the only real complaint I have about a Stilletto. It's a sweet bike!!
Old 12-26-05, 11:47 AM
Pedaled too far.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I have to agree. I just wish Giant realized what they had on their hands and would create an aftermarket for it.

Old 09-20-09, 05:37 PM

Bikes: Trek Hybrid moutian bike, Currie folding 20", Giant Stiletto electric bike conversion project

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stiletto seat adapter for sale

To anyone looking for a solution for the Giant Stiletto factory seat problems. I have an adapter on Ebay that will allow a standard comfort seat to be mounted. This adapter will also add about 3 extra inches to the leg length allowing full Adult usage. Go to Ebay and search: Giant Stiletto Seat
Old 09-21-09, 07:53 AM

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
It's not the lack of cushioning, it's the shape of the seat. The back end of the seat flares upward, and presses against the riders tailbone (cocyx).
Old 09-22-09, 07:20 AM
DelawareDave

Bikes: 3 mountian bikes 1 recumbent bike 1 racing bike 5 stingrays 1 hybrid 2 beach crusers 1 tandem and at least 6 more that are beyond description

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have one, like everyone else I was thinking of an idea simlar to the sideways u shapped bracket idea. I was thinking of using a spring from a springer fork inside the bracket for extra support. The other idea I was thinkng would be to buy another seat and do a little cutting and welding putting them together and make a king and queen style seat. That way you could sit on the low seat when your coasting and move to the upper seat when you need to stretch out and pedal. I looked at the bracket on ebay, it looks like a good idea but on that style bike I like a seat that curves up a little in the back. The shape of the seat on it fits well with the curves of the bike so it's a question of finding a way to make it more comfortable. Please post any other solutions you come up with. It's the only thing about this bike I don't like.
Old 10-01-09, 09:30 AM
Pedaled too far.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kmpoling
To anyone looking for a solution for the Giant Stiletto factory seat problems. I have an adapter on Ebay that will allow a standard comfort seat to be mounted. This adapter will also add about 3 extra inches to the leg length allowing full Adult usage. Go to Ebay and search: Giant Stiletto Seat
Well, I see that someone snapped it up. I had been watching the auction, but didn't see the note from eBay about the auction ending in time.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.
Old 01-02-10, 03:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dear sir, I have a giant stiletto bike I bought about 6 months ago with a custom paint job, I am still looking for the adapter on ebay, I could not find it , is their any other adapters out there or is there anything that will work, the seat is the only bad thing about the bike, can you help me !!!
Old 01-06-10, 09:12 PM

Bikes: Trek Hybrid moutian bike, Currie folding 20", Giant Stiletto electric bike conversion project

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant Stiletto seat adaper, custom made

unfortunatly this seat adapter was a one of a kind, it was not purchased at a bike shop. But You can make one, from the upper tringle of a cheap tossed huffy bike and a cut section of 1 1/4" sch 40 steel pipe. Tig or mig the thing togather. I could give dimensions later. The original seat looks cool, but you cant ride on it for vary long. This modification or the easier "U" mentioned earlier will really allow you to enjoy your bike. I removed mine because I have added 12" to my frame and had to loose the seat for room for a high end electric bicycle conversion. >KP
Old 01-07-10, 09:37 AM
retro-rider/mech

Bikes: 1983 Zullo road bike, 1994 Trek mtb, late 90's Trek road bike, 1977 Schwinn LeTour III, and my latest project, a 70's something "Suncrest" road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is that a Stiletto Artkansas is on? Where can I get one? What do they cost? What a bad Azz ride!!! I gotta get me one of those!!!
Old 01-07-10, 04:51 PM

Go back in time 4-5 years, and buy one. That is literally the last time I saw one, at a Giant dealer.,,,,BD
Old 01-08-10, 10:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Artkansas is defently on a pure Giant Stiletto, they are cool looking and that candy apple red over metal flake is the best color in my opinion. And they are no longer made. Every now and then you can see one on e-bay for sale, for around $300 new and in a box. They are worth every penny of it, even with the "bad" seat. High Quality parts are used. I give thanks for Artkansas for posting himself with his Stiletto, so that those who have not herd of one can see what it looks like. I bought my red one just like his from E-bay 2 years ago new in 2 boxes, put it togather and it has been a blast, the 7 speeds and bigger frame put it way ahead of the Schwinn Stingray Chopper in "rideability".
Old 01-08-10, 10:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am sure I will get "rashed" for ruining a good Stiletto to make and E-bike. here is a photo of it when I started the conversion. Since I was adding room for a motor, I also put a standard seat post in there, it dont look as "cool" as the original but it is comfy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01919.jpg (97.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-08-10, 10:25 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A view of the seat adapter on my Stiletto, in the case someone wishes to make one. click on picture to enlarge, is was a comfy ride.
Attached Images
DSC00968.jpg (53.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-08-10, 10:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Photo showing finished seat adapter with large Cloud 9 springer seat. You can see the Hydraulic forks installed also. Click on photo to enlarge.
Attached Images
DSC01378.jpg (100.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 12-02-10, 06:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy,

I have three of Giant Stilletos that I have converted into electric choppers. For two of them I fabricated a billet aluminum seat conversion out of 1-1/2" Al stock and painted to match the frame(see image below)) If you are interested in one email me at robsradicalrides@gmail.com you can also visit my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robs-R...13708225363722

Attached Images
Marbalized Blue Chopper.jpg (101.4 KB, 40 views)
Seat Conversion 2.jpg (99.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by robsradicalride; 03-22-11 at 10:56 AM. Reason: updating contact information
Old 01-14-12, 10:41 AM
Mountain & chopper biker

Bikes: Giant Stiletto chopper and classic Kona Cinder Cone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a seat post adaptor made for me by a friend for my Stiletto - have a look at my stiletto facebook group for pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121057141238942/