Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

T-Shirt, interested?

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

T-Shirt, interested?

Old 12-08-05, 12:27 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
T-Shirt, interested?

I recently screened a couple of t-shirts for me and a couple friends. I figured before I changed out the screen and made something else, that I'd post here and see if anyone else was interested. No need to reply, if interested just PM me. Thanks!

Old 12-08-05, 12:29 AM
s_9
PINK THUNDER

Bikes: IRO (track), Aegis (road), Trek (Mtn)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
to prove that track bikes don't actually have anything to do with hipsterdom, post it on threadless.com and see if anyone gets it.
Old 12-08-05, 12:35 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hah, maaaan, i'm not even getting into that. I got somethin' here, and I'm just tryin' to share the love
Old 12-08-05, 12:39 AM
無くなった

Bikes: I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, bullhorns? I'd probably be into it if it wasn't bullhorns...

Just sayin. Maybe I'll look at it a couple more times and decide they're OK...

When were you going to change the screen?
Old 12-08-05, 12:43 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No rush. A couple people have said they want one, so it won't be getting changed this week (I have to run out and grab some blank t's, etc).
Old 12-08-05, 12:44 AM
slot machine

Bikes: 2006 Fuji Track

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that is kind of cool, but i'd feel like a poser wearing it as i just started riding fixed. as far as design goes (not that my opinion matters) i would take out the words (or add something cooler) and probably the boxy frame as well. i don't like it when the graphic of a shirt feels contained in a small space.
Old 12-08-05, 12:46 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Remember, this wasn't intended to be mass produced... just something i made for me, for fun. The boxy frame is necessary because the bike is at an angle, and looked extremely awkward without a frame like that.

keep it simple stupid, is the famous "K.I.S.S. Principle". I felt it applied perfectly to the world of FG/SS.
Old 12-08-05, 12:47 AM
slot machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HereNT
Man, bullhorns? I'd probably be into it if it wasn't bullhorns...
so what's the deal with bullhorns, why be for them or against them? the first time i ever road a fixie a couple months ago was on my friend's bike, and he had some bullhorns and i kind of really dug on them, but i'm riding factory issue fuji drops right now. what's the way to decide what works best for you?
Old 12-08-05, 12:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i agree, no box would be better. the words aren't bad, in my opinion. maybe a different font, though. like a typewritter style.
Old 12-08-05, 12:48 AM
slot machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DerekRI
Remember, this wasn't intended to be mass produced... just something i made for me, for fun. The boxy frame is necessary because the bike is at an angle, and looked extremely awkward without a frame like that.

keep it simple stupid, is the famous "K.I.S.S. Principle". I felt it applied perfectly to the world of FG/SS.
oh i definitely get the KISS thing, and understand it applies directly here. but it doesn't make me say "whoa, that is cool." i like shirts that are themselves pieces of art, you know? like the graphic works with the shirt to make something awesome. maybe the hipster in me is just being a jerk.

i'd wear it if i weren't a noob.

ps: to further elaborate (and make yet another tl;dr kind of post), i think the best part of the image is the bike itself. it looks great. if you could somehow work that into a different situation, or setup, or graphic as a whole (i have no idea what i'm talking about) it might be really freaking awesome. it would also look good as black on white (stickers <3). ACTUALLY-- this image would make a great STICKER. get some vinyls made, black on white. they'd be sweet as hell. just my worthless $.02
Old 12-08-05, 12:56 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
this is what it would look like as just a bike. i dont know, for some reason it doesnt click with me.

Old 12-08-05, 01:10 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you know what would be cool, if someone did one of these t-shirts with a cormia cougar or a look or any bike with os tubing. I think it's kind of refreshing to see a fixed gear related shirt without the typical drops. Which is not to say that I prefer the bullhorns... it's just refreshing you know?
Old 12-08-05, 01:12 AM
2am

Bikes: 50cm IRO Mk5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
man

finally bullhorns!!

wohooo!
Old 12-08-05, 01:17 AM
Bling.

Bikes: Magna X-Force

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i like it. just because you are from rhode island!

you better be out at roger williams park this weekend!

i wish i could be there...or in kingston...or in newport...or in east providence with all the ladies!
Old 12-08-05, 01:18 AM
slot machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DerekRI
this is what it would look like as just a bike. i dont know, for some reason it doesnt click with me.[/IMG]
you know, you're right. on second thought, i really like the first one. it's a good shirt. goes with the idea in the words. i dig it. i'd wear it.
Old 12-08-05, 01:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how about just the bike on the front, and then

on the back near the top. i'd buy that

but you're running the show, obviously. it was you're shirt, and you never even asked for critiques or suggestions. where was i going with this?

edit:
on second thought, i like 'keep it simple' better. i don't care for the stupid part. still in the back center towards the top.

Last edited by zip22; 12-08-05 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 01:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
damnit! I wish I could go to providence this weekend... damn you to hell finals DAMN YOU!!!
Old 12-08-05, 01:21 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like in kingston, rook. tomorrow as220 in providence is showing "still we ride". a documentary on NYC critical mass vs NYPD. should be a great time.
Old 12-08-05, 01:22 AM
無くなった

Bikes: I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by youth
so what's the deal with bullhorns, why be for them or against them? the first time i ever road a fixie a couple months ago was on my friend's bike, and he had some bullhorns and i kind of really dug on them, but i'm riding factory issue fuji drops right now. what's the way to decide what works best for you?
I just don't like them. Aesthetically or practically. Except for my MTB that I've ridden like a grand total of six times, I have track drops on all my bikes. I tried riding them for awhile, but never really liked it.

I do like the design and the words and everything on the shirt. I'd just be a lot more into wearing one if it had drops.

OP - maybe two designs?
Old 12-08-05, 01:42 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alright people here's the deal. I got a LOT of PM's about the shirts, more than I anticipated. I'll post as much info here as I can...

I am doing the shirts white on black, with all the design/text that is shown in the pic. Basically, they will be just like the one pictured. They will be 8 bucks east of the mississippi, 10 bucks west, that includes shipping in both cases. I have a paypal account, and that's probably easiest.

IF YOU DEFINITELY DEFINITELY WANT ONE, please leave me a PM and in it state that you are absolutly, positively going to get one. I can't afford to go out and buy a blank t if you're not gonna follow through on buying it. If you have already PM'd me, and definitely want one, please do so again, and state that you are completely sure you will purchase a shirt. Leave your shipping address in the PM. I will let everyone know when they are ready, and give my paypal address out at that time. Now, I am going to bed, and I will probably getting the supplies on Friday, so you have until then to give me a PM with the word "DEFINITE" in it! Thanks a ton for all your interest!

On another note, I want everyone to be aware that I am just one dude, doing this in his bedroom, with a 50 dollar screening kit bought at the craft store. I am going to do the best job I can do with what I have. If I screen a shirt, and it comes out completely messed up, don't worry, I won't ship it to you like that. I will make sure it's printed well, and as straight as possible. The one pictured was my FIRST TRY, so I don't think it's going to be a problem. Also, the one pictured has been worn many times, and seems to be holding up well. It has cracked in a few spots, but nothing that makes the design look any different. The price I'm charging is just enough for me to make the money back that it will cost me to produce these.

Ok, now I'm going to bed. Thanks again!
Old 12-08-05, 01:44 AM
People Before Profit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like it when you just "keep it simple" . . . I don't like the "stupid" . . . it's too negative mahn.
Old 12-08-05, 01:46 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
again, it's an old saying.. "keep it simple stupid" as in the "k.i.s.s." principle. not meant to be addressed at anyone.
Old 12-08-05, 09:51 AM
TRUED 'TIL DEATH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bump for those people who have PM'd me and need to do so again!

^^
Old 12-08-05, 10:10 AM
slot machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'd kind of like one but again i'd feel like a 'posenger' if i wore that. give me a few months on my new fuji and i'll get back to you and see if you're still making those.
Old 12-08-05, 11:28 AM

Bikes: Gunnar Street Dog, Bianchi Pista, ****ty Road Conversion, Fit Van Homan BMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DIdn't Urban Outfitters sell those but with drops.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.