Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

my Nats pics from Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 09:09 PM
Slanky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my Nats pics from Sunday

Hey folks....went down to the races today and grabbed some shots and just poked around....

I had an absolute BLAST....from shooting racers blasting by, to Harpoon's UFO, to chatting with everyone, to the gal who asked me to give her a bath, it was GREAT.

I have never shot cycling before, I spend most of my time shooting overland Expedition rigs (Rovers and Land Cruisers) for different events, magazines and newsletters. So whereas you folks go flying by at breakneck speeds, I'm used to shooting 1968 Series Rovers or Old Toyotas LOL...it was a different experience. I used the old adage, "f8 and Be there..."

Old 12-11-05, 09:28 PM
Lint Picker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice.
Old 12-11-05, 10:00 PM
Ink-Stained Wretch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You picked the good day to show, though the day before had better racing. That said I nailed Horner with a snowball (drank with him Friday night though) and got to interview all the podium finishers I wanted and made full use of my VIP pass (free beer). Pretty crazy weekend.
Old 12-11-05, 10:11 PM
MWW
Team October Lake Effect

Bikes: KHS Solo One (2003), Cannondale 29er (2007), Giant Iguana (2001), Cannondale SystemSix (2007, race set-up), Gitane Sprint (trainer), Cannondale CAAD 8 back-up, Cyclocross 2005 (105/Ult), Cannondale Ironman TT 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They guy in the orange get-up is on my team. Bill Marut, Team October Lake Effect. Thanks for the great pics!!! Wish I could have been there.
Old 12-11-05, 10:38 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome pictures! We missed the muddy and snowy conditions here during the cross season, it looks like it would have been fun to watch, and race.
Old 12-12-05, 06:12 AM
Slanky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks guys! Pinky, I thought about applying for a press pass when I saw the ap on the Nats site as it just asks for you three published articles and I could swing that....unfortunately I would have felt like a fugazi there with the rest of the real cycling photogs LOL even if I got N'East or Low Range to sign off on it LOL! A pass would have been nice though LOL!
Old 12-12-05, 10:08 AM
Ink-Stained Wretch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Press pass would have only gotten you into the main tent and the Friday night "Meet the Racers" event (where I managed to get food poisoning of all things) so you weren't really missing too much. VIP pass was something else.