Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

How can we watch the Giro?

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I realize that this is a Tour catagory but it seemed the best to ask this question. I know, or at least I assume, that the Tour will be on OLN again this year with lots of coverage. However, how can we get some coverage of the Giro? If I remember correctly last year they only had either 1 day coverage or 1 day per week coverage. If I could just get 1/2 hr to 1 hr coverage per day of both the Giro and the Vuelta it would be great. Does anyone know where I can see it on Cable or even over the internet?

Thanks
Old 01-08-06, 08:09 PM
rider

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Didn't they offer some kind of web package for viewing daily stages of the Giro (and maybe Vuelta) this past year? Not that one would want to sit at a pc monitor and watch 3 hrs of racing but, if you were really desperate.... Don't know if you had to watch live or you could watch a stream later, when convenient. I agree that 60/90 minutes per day would be interesting, more so than bull riding repeats but, I guess that sells?

In some respects, the Giro and Vuelta are more interesting to follow just because, with smaller local teams involved (maybe not so much with the Pro-Tour version), you really had some wild cards that could reek havoc with the plans of the big squads. We'll see how things play out this year.
Old 01-08-06, 08:22 PM
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,619 Times in 2,123 Posts
Originally Posted by khan
Didn't they offer some kind of web package for viewing daily stages of the Giro (and maybe Vuelta) this past year? Not that one would want to sit at a pc monitor and watch 3 hrs of racing but, if you were really desperate.... Don't know if you had to watch live or you could watch a stream later, when convenient. I agree that 60/90 minutes per day would be interesting, more so than bull riding repeats but, I guess that sells?
Yep, there was a web package and it was pretty cheap. You could watch it live or any time you wanted and as much as you wanted. I subscribed and will do it again if it's the only option available. The only problem was that it is a live feed from Italy with no commentators so you have to pay attention; nobody is going to tell you what's going on except for the screen graphics.

Old 01-09-06, 08:07 AM
Feed me your soul!

Bikes: Torelli 20th Anniversary, Trek 2000, Kona NuNu

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know with satellite (at least one of the carriers) you can subscribe to eurosport for an extra fee. I don't think there is a way to see those races on cable though.
Old 01-11-06, 09:10 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
It was here live last year:
https://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giro...ta/wmDSL.shtml
Have a look around here....
https://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2006/
Steve.