Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Diamondback Ascentex? anyone heard of it?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Diamondback Ascentex? anyone heard of it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450009073/1.JPG

I just bought this bike for $20. Its in great condition. Seems like a nice bike, very unique. The frame is 4130 double butted Chro-mo. It has Siguno Cycloid chainrings which are oblong shaped, siguno vp cranks, deore (no markings like xt or lx) derailuers and shifters, shimano cantilever brakes. It has a sticker on it that says "Tange mtn bike". Either the frame or the whole bike was made in taiwan. Its rear brakes are mounted under the lower bar that connects to the rear dropouts. There is a space for 3 spare spokes on that same bar, as you can see in the pics.

Does anyone know any info about this bike like years produced, original price, what it could be worth now, what kind of riding it was made for, ect.

I did some research, and all I could find on the bike was that the siguno cycloid chainrings were made durring the eighties.

The link at the top has some pics
Thanks in advance
Old 01-12-06, 11:47 PM
Svr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Judging by the 6 speed thumbshifters and under the chainstay u-brake, the bike was made somewhere within 1987-1988. It was a good quality bike for the time, and it's worth $20, but the only real value it has today would be with a collector.
Old 09-18-07, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i realize this is an archived thread but I had one... it was 21 gears and I bought it in 92. It was something like 500.00 or so. I loved the bike, but, alas it was stolen.... I got that because living in Boston is treacherous in the winter. I wanted something that would take the abuse of city riding. (pot holes, general street conditions, street car tracks, cobblestoned streets and plenty of hills)