Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Exodus Lance Recommendation-please help

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Considering buying the Exodus Lance Bike. This would be an entry level bike for general riding around town, no real trails nearby although some weekends I may do light trails. Used to own a Giant Rincon SE (stolen, but loved the weight and feel of its stock setup). The Exodus Lance is rumored to be a Giant Warp variant, as the manufacturer builds for other brands including Specialized, Brodie, and Oryx; but I haven't been able to confirm this with sellers. The bikes specs are available at:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Exodus-Lance-Ful...ayphotohosting

FYI: the bike weighs in at 35lb.s and is a 24 speed (8 rear gears) model. Calculated my bike size from experience and by formula and it seems a good fit. I'm 6' and 200 lb.s

If anyone has heard of this model or is familar with its components I'd love your opinion. Alternately if anyone knows of a comparable bike they think is better , in the same price range, your suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-19-06, 02:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone please post an opinion and let me know whether the components are reasonable to the price. I think they are a good deal and the bike looks solid, but I'd like an informed opinion. Please post a reply. Thanks.
Old 01-19-06, 02:38 PM
Car(e) Free!

Bikes: Homebuilt Nashbar Steel MTB; 1988 Schwinn Premis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For the price, it's quite reasonable with the Deore/Alivio Mix if it's a good frame.
Old 01-19-06, 03:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. After looking in detail at the frame it seems pretty well built. So, assuming what the vendor is saying about the frame being oem for other brands (likely as the same was posted in several spots on the net) is true, its a good deal for the components versus price. I'll buy it and try and post my results. Not much of a gamble as his ebay records shows sales for this bike going back at least 100 transactions, all positive but one and most loved the bike. Thank you for your help koine2002. If anyone else has info on this bike I'd still love to know. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-07, 11:29 AM

Bikes: still shopping

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know it's an old post, but taking a shot in the dark to see if you're still here to give us an update on whether you got the bike or not?

I'm considering one for myself, and just trying to get some feedbck from owners.

An interesting sidenote, the Exodus Lance is the exact same bike as an '04 Ibex Ignition, right down to the graphics.

Anyone that has either (the Exodus Lance, or an '04 Ibex Ignition) feel free to chime in with your likes and dislikes.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-07, 08:13 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bump
Old 06-17-11, 07:04 PM
Oldie

Bikes: Lance Exodus Europe, Univega Sportour, Motobecane Cafe Latte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought mine several years ago and considered it a steal. It is solid, with decent components. Anything similar by another manufacturer lists for several hundred $ more.
Attached Images
Old 06-17-11, 10:27 PM
dont make me get the belt

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Behold, another blessed resurrection - it's a miracle!