Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

chicago to detriot

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

chicago to detriot

Old 02-05-06, 04:39 PM
D.G.W Hedges

Bikes: '87ish Trek 400 road bike, 93 trek 1100, 90ish trek 930 mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chicago to detriot

Hey everyone. Me and two friends are planning to ride from chicago to detriot for my 23rd birthday this spring anyone do that before? does anyone have any great ideals for places to stop and camp and things to see on the way?

I'm really excited i have only gone on one tour before and it was a 3 day hundred mile tour nothing like this. I was also wondering if anyone could help me figure out a good gearing ratio i have an oval tech shimano 52 teeth and 42 teeth crank. i'm getting my rear wheel replaced with a dura ace laced to a mavic any thoughts about what gearing i should try on the rear wheel?

thanks,

david g. hedges
Old 02-05-06, 05:07 PM

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Diverge Carbon Comp, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert, 2020 Specialized Creo Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Um, can't really answer any of your questions, but I think you should consider this carefully. I worked last summer at the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office and Detroit is a very scary place. VERY VERY scary. I saw things there that I hope I never see again. Please plan your route extremely carefully.

Ann Arbor is really nice, it would be a good pit-stop for you if you pass through that way. I don't know about camping - if you pass by the Indiana Dunes, I know they have campsites you can reserve. Good luck to you, and be careful!